Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    Hmm a girl in my school is appealing for english as she got something ridiculous like 19 in the close reading having got 44 in the prelim, she just missed out on an A and her surname begins with C..... Strange! Do you think they would be under obligation to remark that entire batch of close readings?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    Here's hoping. In the end though it probably won't really matter as I'm doing AH this year but it's annoying all the more if the SQA have mucked up before and the people didn't notice. It's people's future in the balance here. I'm not getting my hopes up though.
    Yeah it is annoying especially when it's not your fault
    In my Admin exam 3 of our computers crashed and we got some extra time and a letter was sent to the SQA but nothing more was said. Even though it caused disturbances, stress and everyone got less than predicted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acas13)
    Hmm a girl in my school is appealing for english as she got something ridiculous like 19 in the close reading having got 44 in the prelim, she just missed out on an A and her surname begins with C..... Strange! Do you think they would be under obligation to remark that entire batch of close readings?
    I may be misinterpreting, but papers aren't allocated to markers based on alphabetical order alone (rather, it's a combination of alphabet and school)?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it is to do with school? Or at least the markers dont get to see what school you are from or your name or anything
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    I may be misinterpreting, but papers aren't allocated to markers based on alphabetical order alone (rather, it's a combination of alphabet and school)?
    It's by alphabetical order in school.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it is to do with school? Or at least the markers dont get to see what school you are from or your name or anything
    Of course they do - they get your paper with all those details written on the front. They have to declare if they have an interest, though.

It's by alphabetical order in school.
    ... which is what I said (or rather, it's just a slightly more specific phrasing of what I said).
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The name of center is on the exam paper though.

I tried to rep you but it said I have to wait 7 days but I don't think I've repped you already. :confused:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Of course they do - they get your paper with all those details written on the front. They have to declare if they have an interest, though.

... which is what I said (or rather, it's just a slightly more specific phrasing of what I said).
    Yeah, I was agreeing with you. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I was agreeing with you. :p:
    Haha, sorry. :p:

ReputationRep:
    My mum does marking, its in batches of 10, with all the names of the pupils of each school in alphabetical order, so they are basically sent random batches which could begin with any letter, but each school's is sorted in alphabetical order. So Kristen, if you put all the people who did Higher English in your school last year, put them into alphabetical order, then into groups of 10, if you're in the same group as those others, then you may have a case...

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=iaincarinish]My mum does marking, its in batches of 10, with all the names of the pupils of each school in alphabetical order, so they are basically sent random batches which could begin with any letter, but each school's is sorted in alphabetical order. So Kristen, if you put all the people who did Higher English in your school last year, put them into alphabetical order, then into groups of 10, if you're in the same group as those others, then you may have a case...[/QUOTE]

Sorry, this is probably easier said than done...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by iaincarinish)
    My mum does marking, its in batches of 10, with all the names of the pupils of each school in alphabetical order, so they are basically sent random batches which could begin with any letter, but each school's is sorted in alphabetical order. So Kirsten, if you put all the people who did Higher English in your school last year, put them into alphabetical order, then into groups of 10, if you're in the same group as those others, then you may have a case...
    Fixed.

Yeah the F person is right above me in the register and the E person is right above her.

ReputationRep:
    The name of center is on the exam paper though.

I tried to rep you but it said I have to wait 7 days but I don't think I've repped you already. :confused:
    Hmm... I got an annonymous adv. english rep a few days back? Thanks if that was you, and for trying again

ReputationRep:
    Heehee, cant believe I thought your name was kRIsten. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Ah woops, sorry guys I am misinformed obviousley I swear it was a teacher that told me they didn't get to know your details too...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hmm... I got an annonymous adv. english rep a few days back? Thanks if that was you, and for trying again
    That might have been me actually but there was probably no power. In 7 days... :p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by iaincarinish)
    Heehee, cant believe I thought your name was kRIsten. :ahee:
    I think a few people on this thread do.

ReputationRep:
    That might have been me actually but there was probably no power. In 7 days... :p:
    Yeah no power unfortunetely it's the thought that counts though

I havn't had a new gem in ages! Cummon people I urge you to rep me

ReputationRep:
    I havn't had a new gem in ages! Cummon people I urge you to rep me
    I repped you 10 minutes ago (as a proxy for Kirsten) and gave you a new gem. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I repped you 10 minutes ago (as a proxy for Kirsten) and gave you a new gem. :p:
    Oh wowzers! I hadn't even checked, sorry. And thanks :woo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.