Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    What! :eek: You haven't tried BJ's ??? :eek3:
    No, I'm put off with the names thinking they will be too sweet :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    What?! Looks like I'm going to Edinburgh! :p:

STEP II: 3 :lolwut:
    Sort of expected:
    STEP I: 2
    STEP II: 3
    :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: Looks like the best I can hope for is Computer Science only.

Restless night here I come. :cry:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    No, I'm put off with the names thinking they will be too sweet :p:
    You haven't lived life until you try it. I have school tomorrow/today so I better go to my beddy. Night!

ReputationRep:
    What?! Looks like I'm going to Edinburgh! :p:

STEP II: 3 :lolwut:
    Did you cry lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukdragon37)
    Looks like the best I can hope for is Computer Science only.
    Unlucky, at least I've got near-certainty. Best of luck with UCAS tomorrow, let us know how you get on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    You haven't lived life until you try it. I have school tomorrow/today so I better go to my beddy. Night!
    Aww nighty night :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Did you cry lol
    No, but **** off.

ReputationRep:
    No, but **** off.
    don't swear at me I was only joking, your obviously going to do an awesome course whatever you end up doing, youve got ******* straight a's and you can't take back time so theres no need to be abusive on a student forum

ReputationRep:
    No, but **** off.
    How does the results work? :confused: Someone got a 1 and S and U,U - is that good?

ReputationRep:
    Oh but yes, yes, yes :p:
    I need to try BJ's before I can decide though :yep:
    I don't see how anyone can be undecided about BJs. I had some this morning and it was lovely. For some reason I always feel a bit tired after it though.

ReputationRep:
    How does the results work? :confused: Someone got a 1 and S and U,U - is that good?
    1, S is fantastic. U, U is two fails.

The grades are S, 1, 2, 3, U. An S is 'excellent', U is 'unclassified'. The typical offer for maths is 1, 1.

ReputationRep:
    You normally take two papers, I and II or II and III depending on your maths syllabus. The first grade is for the easier (lower numbered) paper and the second grade is for the harder paper.

The grades go from S (outstanding), 1, 2, 3 to U (unclassified)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    don't swear at me I was only joking, your obviously going to do an awesome course whatever you end up doing, youve got ******* straight a's and you can't take back time so theres no need to be abusive on a student forum
    At the same time, making jokes like that aren't exactly going to make him feel better...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Perhaps you could consider for a minute that, no matter how well I'm taking the results, it's in more than a little poor taste to ask 'did you cry lol'? I'm not going to apologise for swearing at you, I'm afraid. It's not something I would generally do, but I feel quite justified on this occasion.

I'm well aware that I have great results, and that I'm going to a fantastic uni to do a course that I'll really enjoy. Nonetheless, it's a little disappointing to know that I could have had a much more enjoyable sixth year (because, practically, it was a bit rubbish at times - especially where I missed out on end-of-term banter to take time off to revise and do exams) without changing the outcome much if at all.

Do try to remember that you're dealing with actual person on the other end of the line.

I'm not going to discuss this further.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    At the same time, making jokes like that aren't exactly going to make him feel better...
    well no but neither is 'aww well better luck next time at least edinburghs good'
    I know for a fact i'd rather have someone take the piss out me than reassure me when something bad happens, but of course its not always the case

sorry for annoying yall

ReputationRep:
    everyone chill

wooooo saaaaaa

ReputationRep:
    1, S is fantastic. U, U is two fails.

The grades are S, 1, 2, 3, U. An S is 'excellent', U is 'unclassified'. The typical offer for maths is 1, 1.
    Ahh thanks, that makes sense now :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    i'm abbout to put pics of the ducks on my flikr yaay
    have you visited? lol
    I will be in september :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    I will be in september :awesome:
    Whens the visit day?
    If it's after the 12th you will have to come and say hi!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Whens the visit day?
    If it's after the 12th you will have to come and say hi!
    dunno lol, 23rd I think

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.