Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    dunno lol, 23rd I think
    Woo!
    Make sure you visit murray and i'll jump on you and make woo noises and give you haribo
    lol
    This is all exciting potenially meeting strangers on the internet :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Woo!
    Make sure you visit murray and i'll jump on you and make woo noises and give you haribo
    lol
    This is all exciting potenially meeting strangers on the internet :awesome:
    i could be a head collecting rapist for all you know, oooo, the excitement :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    i could be a head collecting rapist for all you know, oooo, the excitement :awesome:
    Don't worry i'll make sure to meet you in the woods right next to the loch when it's getting dark on my own :awesome:

who are you kidding you'll be with your mum and i'll make your mum jokes and run away giggiling

ReputationRep:
    pffff imma be a big girl and get the train from glasgow alll by myself :p:

ReputationRep:
    pffff imma be a big girl and get the train from glasgow alll by myself :p:
    Lol you'll be all alone, awwr :P
    Honestly though take a friend cos you'll be welll bored and i'll probably be drunk/at home if its a saturday lol

ReputationRep:
    Oh i'm going to sleep now and read some knife edge Aww noughts and crosses made me weep last night, stupid book

Chat to yall tommroowoww

ReputationRep:
    will do, night night :kiss: :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    will do, night night :kiss: :daydreaming:
    Have you decided where your applying for then or waiting until after the open days?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Have you decided where your applying for then or waiting until after the open days?
    strathclyde, glasgow, stirling, st andrews (no hope in hell of getting in there lol) and somewhere else. I'm deciding just to do a Biology Bsc and hopefully get into forensics that way instead of biomed, i'd never get in with just 4 highers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    I wake up at 7 and i've still got at least 5 hours to go til i contemplate sleep :p: Weakling! Still working at the cafe? Don't reply tonight though, sleep :p:
    I am indeed, 57 hours this week . Not sure about next week as the boss is back from Cyprus.

Why am I up at this hour? Ah yes, my lift is almost here. Thank god I only have 2 weeks left!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Unlucky, at least I've got near-certainty. Best of luck with UCAS tomorrow, let us know how you get on.
    (Original post by UCAS Track)
    The current status of your Application is:
    Congratulations! Your place at University of Cambridge (C05) to study Computer Science (G400) has been confirmed.
    Hell yes! :eek3:

Don't know whether it's with maths though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukdragon37)

Get in. Congratulations! :woo:

ReputationRep:

Aww well done

ReputationRep:

well done!
    Would it not say comp sci with mathematics has been confirmed..? Can you not pick up maths when you get there anyway

I hope someone could give me advice please

I'm hoping to study Physics in 2010, and I'm interested in applying to: Glasgow, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, St Andrews and another place I haven't thought of yet...

I don't know if I'll be able to get to these places for the upcoming open days in a few weeks. Do you think it'd be alright if I applied to the above universities and then visited during the open days in early 2010 instead, or would it be better idea to try and make the ones in September?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CallumFR)

I'm hoping to study Physics in 2010, and I'm interested in applying to: Glasgow, Aberdeen, Edinburgh, St Andrews and another place I haven't thought of yet...

I don't know if I'll be able to get to these places for the upcoming open days in a few weeks. Do you think it'd be alright if I applied to the above universities and then visited during the open days in early 2010 instead, or would it be better idea to try and make the ones in September?
    I went to the open days in like feburary and i'm okay lol It saved me the hassle of falling in love with a place then getting rejected lol

ReputationRep:

ahhh i'll be the same

try and see if they organize individual vists to departmants like on weekends and stuff, plenty of research online wouldn't go amiss.

ReputationRep:

I applied to the ones which i wanted (there was 6 options for my course and all in Scotland so made it easier) and waited for offers before visiting, so wasn't until February/March before I made up my mind. If you can afford it and have the time to visit now you could but then you might want to revisit later on plus the internet gives a good picture of what the uni is like

(Original post by rosie9391)
    I applied to the ones which i wanted (there was 6 options for my course and all in Scotland so made it easier) and waited for offers before visiting, so wasn't until February/March before I made up my mind. If you can afford it and have the time to visit now you could but then you might want to revisit later on plus the internet gives a good picture of what the uni is like
    Ok, cool

Thanks to you and Luhlah!

ReputationRep:
    Yay, I have a job interview for mcdonlds in the town
    haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.