Turn on thread page Beta

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Get in. Congratulations! :woo:
    Thanks! Did your track update?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Yay, I have a job interview for mcdonlds in the town
    haha
    For when you start uni? At least it's money and will be a good help for uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    For when you start uni? At least it's money and will be a good help for uni
    Yeah I want to work my bum off for before uni then do weekend shifts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Yeah I want to work my bum off for before uni then do weekend shifts
    I can't get any overtime during the week so I'm stuck on 8 hours at the weekend, I'm still deciding whether to transfer or not

ReputationRep:
    I can't get any overtime during the week so I'm stuck on 8 hours at the weekend, I'm still deciding whether to transfer or not
    You working in glasgow?
    I'm hoping for lots of shifts lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    You working in glasgow?
    I'm hoping for lots of shifts lol
    No I work in a Tesco in Moray and I'm thinking about transferring to one in Aberdeen

ReputationRep:
    No I work in a Tesco in Moray and I'm thinking about transferring to one in Aberdeen
    You should Then you can transfer back when you go home
    Lol aberdeens so far away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    You should Then you can transfer back when you go home
    Lol aberdeens so far away
    I'll have to decide soon
    Not for me, only 65 miles from my house :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'll have to decide soon
    Not for me, only 65 miles from my house :yep:
    Well I'd advise it lol
    It's eh 6 hours drive away from me :P

ReputationRep:
    Aww well done
    (Original post by Ronar)
    well done!
    Would it not say comp sci with mathematics has been confirmed..? Can you not pick up maths when you get there anyway
    Thanks all! Everybody who applies to Computer Science with whatever option uses the same UCAS course choice. You then negotiate the optional choice with Cambridge separately. The extra "with maths" option gives you 25% more maths in your first year which otherwise would be physics or another subject. You have 25% compulsory maths anyway in the first year computer science course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukdragon37)
    Thanks all! Everybody who applies to Computer Science with whatever option uses the same UCAS course choice. You then negotiate the optional choice with Cambridge separately. The extra "with maths" option gives you 25% more maths in your first year which otherwise would be physics or another subject. You have 25% compulsory maths anyway in the first year computer science course.
    Fleh maths
    I don't understand why people like it
    Do you like maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronar)
    Fleh maths
    I don't understand why people like it
    Do you like maths?
    Love it! Especially the satisfaction after solving a particularly difficult problem. I'm just not as good at it as I would have liked but thankfully I like computer science more.

ReputationRep:
    Love it! Especially the satisfaction after solving a particularly difficult problem. I'm just not as good at it as I would have liked but thankfully I like computer science more.
    Strange :P I spose it a bit like coming to a logical conclusion in an argument That makes me go 'mmm'
    Or explaining how the government works to people who complain without understanding it's complexity
    haha I am fed up of people going 'Politics! you wanting to be a stupid politician! Well boo o you'

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean there, a lot of people are negative towards higher maths etc. but when something clicks and your able to solve it, it is awesome

ReputationRep:
    Well done UKdragon!

What have people been up to?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Did your track update?
    No. I'm going to email them just now to ask when I can anticipate some closure. Apart from anything else, I need to contact SAAS/SLC to rearrange funding if I'm going to Edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    No. I'm going to email them just now to ask when I can anticipate some closure. Apart from anything else, I need to contact SAAS/SLC to rearrange funding if I'm going to Edinburgh.
    Good luck, sorry about last night was cranky, I felt dead bad lol

ReputationRep:
    So your offer is still "conditional"? Could be that you are in the summer pool or they are still thinking about it.

EDIT: More info:
    "3 With the exception of applicants for Mathematics (with Physics), all applicants who have achieved three A grades (excluding General Studies) at A-level, who do not meet your conditions, should be pooled – for example, if they have failed to meet other College requirements, such as STEP/AEA grades. Such applicants may well meet the criteria required for admission at another College. Colleges not setting offers involving STEP/AEA are encouraged to look at these applicants before deciding whether to lower offers to preference applicants. Similarly, applicants who have slipped to a B in an A-level but performed well in STEP/AEA may meet the criteria set by Colleges that use these examinations in alternative offers."

from here
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    We have to write Personal Reflectives for AH English which is different I found out from Personal Experience.

This is supposed to focus on something/someone that had an impact/big effect on our personality.

Mine's is going to be really sad, perhaps tear-jerking

Thank god, it's private as sometimes teachers read out people's composed poems, she promised she would not be reading out any personal reflectives.
    ha. Texual analysis for me. Did a personal reflective essay and my teacher was moved. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj08)
    Well done UKdragon!

What have people been up to?
    Not much today, it was rainy and gorrible but I'm off to Brownies just now which is always fun :p:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.