Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    We have to write Personal Reflectives for AH English which is different I found out from Personal Experience.

This is supposed to focus on something/someone that had an impact/big effect on our personality.

Mine's is going to be really sad, perhaps tear-jerking

Thank god, it's private as sometimes teachers read out people's composed poems, she promised she would not be reading out any personal reflectives.
    Watch, someone wrote one of those for an essay and wrote about contemplating suicide and got refered to somewhere else and everyone found out about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukdragon37)
    So your offer is still "conditional"? Could be that you are in the summer pool or they are still thinking about it.
    Yeah, no changes at all. Current status is 'accepted an offer', etc. I reckon I'm probably in the summer pool: apparently you're autopooled (unless you're a maths applicant, because of so many of them missing their offer) so long as you get AAA or better.

But I've emailed them because at the moment it's a bit open-ended, and I need to (re)make arrangements for finance and so on. In theory, the pool takes place tomorrow but I might not hear back until Monday...

(Original post by Ronar)
    Good luck, sorry about last night was cranky, I felt dead bad lol
    Thank you. It's not a problem.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Then why are you doing Textual Analysis..I can't bear it..if you wrote a good personal reflective..why do TA?
    Ah crap! Did the reflective thing for higher. oopsies. I'm so bad at creative writing. :eek3:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Not much today, it was rainy and gorrible but I'm off to Brownies just now which is always fun :p:
    You're younger than I thought. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Not much today, it was rainy and gorrible but I'm off to Brownies just now which is always fun :p:
    do you help out? sounds fun

I just almost cried at one tree hill. And I never cry at tv programmes or films.
    I'm getting too emotional:p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Higher? but you only get Reflective at AH...

Do you mean the Personal Experience essay you write at Higher?

We, it's good mine isn't about suicide, more about the gradual descent into madness :ninja:
    For the writing NAB I did a personal reflective essay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Yeah, no changes at all. Current status is 'accepted an offer', etc. I reckon I'm probably in the summer pool: apparently you're autopooled (unless you're a maths applicant, because of so many of them missing their offer) so long as you get AAA or better.

But I've emailed them because at the moment it's a bit open-ended, and I need to (re)make arrangements for finance and so on. In theory, the pool takes place tomorrow but I might not hear back until Monday...
    According to the document I linked above (from last year) you will be autopooled. Will you take it if another college admits you or is Edinburgh far too tempting? :p:

ReputationRep:
    According to the document I linked above (from last year) you will be autopooled. Will you take it if another college admits you or is Edinburgh far too tempting? :p:
    I read that document last night after someone in the STEP thread suggested the summer pool might be my destination. :p: I'll probably take it from another college, although I can't say that I wouldn't be a little bit snobbish and take a moment to consider if I was pooled to Girton or Homerton. :o:

ReputationRep:
    I read that document last night after someone in the STEP thread suggested the summer pool might be my destination. :p: I'll probably take it from another college, although I can't say that I wouldn't be a little bit snobbish and take a moment to consider if I was pooled to Girton or Homerton. :o:
    There's nothing wrong with Girton or Homerton, except the apparent incovenience of Girton's distance.

I just read the pool document there and laughed at the thought that colleges have to toss a coin or draw lots if they argue over the same candidate. :p: With your grades that might happen to you.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with Girton or Homerton, except the apparent incovenience of Girton's distance.
    Oh, I know that really. I think it's Homerton that actually has a photo of some gorgeous (newer - 18th century) redbrick on their homepage. I make no apology for being an aesthete.

With your grades that might happen to you.
    Haha, I can live in hope. I laughed at something similar in the winter pool documents where it talked about the process for resolution if two colleges just could not come to an agreement - going to the university head of admissions to duke it out and so on. I couldn't help but think that, if that sort of thing happened, they surely shouldn't have been in the pool to begin with! :p: (That's slightly tongue in cheek, I understand the circumstances where such a thing could happen.)

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I know that really. I think it's Homerton that actually has a photo of some gorgeous (newer - 18th century) redbrick on their homepage. I make no apology for being an aesthete.

Haha, I can live in hope. I laughed at something similar in the winter pool documents where it talked about the process for resolution if two colleges just could not come to an agreement - going to the university head of admissions to duke it out and so on. I couldn't help but think that, if that sort of thing happened, they surely shouldn't have been in the pool to begin with! :p: (That's slightly tongue in cheek, I understand the circumstances where such a thing could happen.)
    That pool document also bolded that candidates will be told they are in the summer pool "when they enquire". That might explain why there's silence from Cambridge. They should tell you though now you've emailed.

ReputationRep:
    My cat is getting put down on saturday :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    :console: Sorry to hear that.How are you feeling about it?

ReputationRep:
    Omg! *Big squeezy hug*
    Thats so sad. I'm really sorry.
    Is your cat sick?

ReputationRep:
    She has a tumor under heart, and she hasn't been eating. The vet gave her a steroid, and if she hasn't stabilised by tomorrow she's getting put to sleep on Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj08)
    :console: Sorry to hear that.How are you feeling about it?
    ****. I've been blubbering since 6.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akj08)
    do you help out? sounds fun

I just almost cried at one tree hill. And I never cry at tv programmes or films.
    I'm getting too emotional:p:
    Yeah I'm a leader, I've been doing it for 5 years and have like a month left We had a Pow Wow tonight :p:

What episode was that? I found the school shooting really sad

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm a leader, I've been doing it for 5 years and have like a month left We had a Pow Wow tonight :p:

What episode was that? I found the school shooting really sad
    Aw cool Some of my friends did it and really enjoyed it.

It was further on in season 6 - I was bored in the rain today so I watched ahead online:p:
    I don't think I've seen the whole shooting episode...I remember parts of it but I might look it up later, and try not to cry:o:

ReputationRep:
    ****. I've been blubbering since 6.
    :hugs: Might be for the best, if she's in a lot of pain. But still, losing a much-loved pet really is awful.

ReputationRep:
    She has a tumor under heart, and she hasn't been eating. The vet gave her a steroid, and if she hasn't stabilised by tomorrow she's getting put to sleep on Saturday.
    Aww Poor thing.
    Hang in there.
    :hugs:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.