Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesWyl)
    Aberdeen everything is fairly expensive I'm afraid. The buses are all about £2 one-way where the same journey somewhere else would be like 70 or 80p. Apparently they put the prices up here to make more money to compensate for the cheapness elsewhere.

Then when the new shopping centre opens up everything'll be even more expensive 'cos everyone will have no money from spending it all in there. :p:
    The town is an easy enough walk from uni, I'll just have to take my bike :yep: Where about's is the new centre going to be?

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Queens' College, Cambridge! :woo:

The admissions officer called my parents while I was out at a friend's house and told them that he thought I might be 'interested to hear from them' :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)

The admissions officer called my parents while I was out at a friend's house and told them that he thought I might be 'interested to hear from them' :p:
    That's great, congrats.

Would you accept an offer from a university you were pressured into applying to just so you can say you're definitely going to uni the year you want to, or would you take a gap year and re-apply for the next again year in the hope that the place you actually want to go to accepts you the second time around, even if it really pisses off your parents?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
    Would you accept an offer from a university you were pressured into applying to just so you can say you're definitely going to uni the year you want to, or would you take a gap year and re-apply for the next again year in the hope that the place you actually want to go to accepts you the second time around, even if it really pisses off your parents?
    The latter. It's your future, not your parents'. If you really want to do it, then it's up to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    :hugs:

She has been eating a lot and drinking water, and has been managing to keep it down, she even did a wee poo which is good.

Thats really good news. I hope she continues to pick up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    The town is an easy enough walk from uni, I'll just have to take my bike Where about's is the new centre going to be?
    Make sure you have a bike. It's a longer walk than it looks!

The new shopping centre is near the Bon Accord/St Nicolas centres in town, the road opposite St Nicks you go down and it's there. Beside the train and bus stations.

ReputationRep:

That is amazing, well done :woo:

ReputationRep:

Thats amazing - congratz!
    You really deserve it.

Wooooow, Fry's alma mater!! :woo: That's so amazing - congrats! GO AND CELEBRATE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesWyl)
    Make sure you have a bike. It's a longer walk than it looks!

The new shopping centre is near the Bon Accord/St Nicolas centres in town, the road opposite St Nicks you go down and it's there. Beside the train and bus stations.
    How long is it/does it take? For the open day I had to walk from the train station to the halls and back again, it wasn't to bad :yep: I'm used to walking to school every morning which is a good 30 an hour walk across town.

Haven't been to Aberdeen since February and haven't a clue about the area really

The latter. It's your future, not your parents'. If you really want to do it, then it's up to you.
    Yeah ... I just don't see the point in doing a course I'll want to drop out of well before the four years are up. My mum is really against me doing a gap year though because she thinks you need loads of money: but I'm not planning on going to Australia or anything like that. :p:

(Original post by rosie9391)
    No en-suite, that was £120/30 a week with only self-catered! I haven't seen any of the halls at Aberdeen yet but the virtual tours online seem not to bad, the posh ones have a double bed though
    It's as expensive as bloody Edinburgh :eek:
    Do you need a double bed? :teeth:

EDIT: Jus' kidding :P

ReputationRep:
    Yeah ... I just don't see the point in doing a course I'll want to drop out of well before the four years are up. My mum is really against me doing a gap year though because she thinks you need loads of money: but I'm not planning on going to Australia or anything like that. :p:
    Exactly! No point in applying for the sake of it, only to end up miserable and full of regret [/morbid] But hey, you could use your englishy skills and write a book about how "horrible it was" and make lots of money :awesome:.

Kidding, :hugs:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    UCAS in 1 fooking month.
    Urrg, have you decided what you're doing, and where? I haveish.

ReputationRep:

Awesome :cool:

ReputationRep:
    UCAS in 1 fooking month.
    Or 4, if you feel that way inclined :p: You don't have to do it as soon as possible.

UCAS in 1 fooking month.
    This. Like I said, most folk applying to uni in our year only heard about what a Personal Statement is yesterday, and I've done two (rubbish) drafts already. Oh yes. :cool:

Exactly! No point in applying for the sake of it, only to end up miserable and full of regret [/morbid] But hey, you could use your englishy skills and write a book about how "horrible it was" and make lots of money :awesome:.

Kidding, :hugs:.
    Would anyone want to read it? :awesome: I love the 'word' "Englishy". :rofl:

We were shown a model PS and this girl had been to Lourdes, Africa, South America, India, hospital work experience; she had done absolutely everything to get into medicine, and my friend said to me: "Christ, you have to be Mother Theresa to get a uni place these days." :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Do you need a double bed? :teeth:

EDIT: Jus' kidding :P
    I've got a double at home so I might fall out at night in a single :p: And yes i've done that before, it put it me a right humpf because I couldn't get back to sleep!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.