Turn on thread page Beta

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Yeah hopefully but he just asked out of the blue and caught me off guard :o: I see him once a week at work for a couple of hours...I don't know a thing about him really :p:
    No problem then :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Bah, it's going to be a little awkward, but that sounds like his fault, and you're out there soon enough. There's no reason to feel bad, though. :o:
    He is really nice and also asked if we could perhaps just go to the pictures together this week I'm dreading a phone call and work next week!

ReputationRep:
    Say you already have a boyfriend. Dishonesty is the best policy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pedrobear)
    Say you already have a boyfriend. Dishonesty is the best policy.
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    No problem then :p:
    It is :p: He still want's to be friends and meet up...which is awkward now. I don't want to be nasty and say no, och I'm making a big fuss over nothing really :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    He is really nice and also asked if we could perhaps just go to the pictures together this week I'm dreading a phone call and work next week!
    I might be misunderstanding, but if he isn't taking the hint, you could perhaps do with being a bit more forceful. Make it clear that it isn't going to work out and that you don't appreciate his advances. If he keeps it up, you could consider making a complaint to your manager (although that's quite a lot of hassle if you're leaving in a week).

ReputationRep:
    It is :p: He still want's to be friends and meet up...which is awkward now. I don't want to be nasty and say no, och I'm making a big fuss over nothing really :rolleyes:
    Just say no, be clear about your intentions without being unnecessarily harsh. It's good you care about this, it means you are a decent person! But being clear is the only kind thing you can do really.

ReputationRep:
    I might be misunderstanding, but if he isn't taking the hint, you could perhaps do with being a bit more forceful. Make it clear that it isn't going to work out and that you don't appreciate his advances. If he keeps it up, you could consider making a complaint to your manager (although that's quite a lot of hassle if you're leaving in a week).
    I think he got that I didn't want to date but just stay work colleagues but yeah, I'll see what next week is like. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    Just say no, be clear about your intentions without being unnecessarily harsh. It's good you care about this, it means you are a decent person! But being clear is the only kind thing you can do really.
    True I'm rather reserved/quiet so find a situation like this difficult :o:
    But thanks.

ReputationRep:
    True I'm rather reserved/quiet so find a situation like this difficult :o:
    But thanks.
    I understand, but being assertive is a useful skill to have. It helps to know what you want to say before hand and think about it. Then just say what you need to (that you're going away soon and don't really want to be with him - feel free to add something to soften the blow )

I have problems being assertive, and that sometimes helps me.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Good morning everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    Good morning everyone.
    You are abroad/have trashed your sleep schedule/other? [Delete as appropriate]

Hey
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You have trashed your sleep schedule

Hey
    Hello. Done

ReputationRep:
    Good morning everyone.
    Hello So how has your day been, done anything exciting?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Hello So how has your day been, done anything exciting?
    Nothing exciting today. Was a the Edinburgh fringe yesterday with a group from school.
    Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Nothing exciting today. Was a the Edinburgh fringe yesterday with a group from school.
    Yourself?
    Ooh, the fringe is always good fun

Nothing really but work. My aunt phoned so I've got an invite down to Glasgow so might just go next week/week after for a few days before uni starts :yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ooh, the fringe is always good fun

Nothing really but work. My aunt phoned so I've got an invite down to Glasgow so might just go next week/week after for a few days before uni starts :yep:
    Ooooh.

The fringe is always good fun though but didn't get back home untill 3.30am because some ned threw a stone or something at the bus window in aberdeen and it smashed so we had to wait ages for another bus.

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh.

The fringe is always good fun though but didn't get back home untill 3.30am because some ned threw a stone or something at the bus window in aberdeen and it smashed so we had to wait ages for another bus.
    Aww but at least you were with people to keep you company :p:
    Was it just for the day? My friend wanted to go down and see Amanda Palmer from the Dresden Dolls :yep: Last year there was an amazing Andy Warhol exhibition in the national galleries and I went to the tattoo. What did you see?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Aww but at least you were with people to keep you company :p:
    Was it just for the day? My friend wanted to go down and see Amanda Palmer from the Dresden Dolls :yep: Last year there was an amazing Andy Warhol exhibition in the national galleries and I went to the tattoo. What did you see?
    Yeah it as just for the day.

We went for a ghost tour of 'one of the scariest places in the world' - Old Reikie or something like that, some dance/drama thing about knife crime and Pete Firman magician/comedian.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it as just for the day.

We went for a ghost tour of 'one of the scariest places in the world' - Old Reikie or something like that, some dance/drama thing about knife crime and Pete Firman magician/comedian.
    Sounds awesome :yep: It's fine just to get away for a wee while, even if it is a day

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.