Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 Watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    Sounds awesome :yep: It's fine just to get away for a wee while, even if it is a day
    It was awesome. POST 2000!

Bored of not being at school yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    It was awesome. POST 2000!

Bored of not being at school yet?
    :woo:

Bored, 3 months I've been off now and done nothing productive!! Yeah, I actually miss it but I'm looking forward to the challange of uni :yep:
    I got accepted onto a summer camp in Norway but pulled out at the last minute...wish I didn't now

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i'm bored too... although i'm seeing my girlfriend for the first time in two months tomorrow :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Add me to the list of people bored out of their minds. I think it's no coincidence that the leavers dominate the post counts in this thread... :p:

(Original post by Meteorshower)
    although i'm seeing my girlfriend for the first time in two months tomorrow :woo:
    Oh, that's great, congrats. Got anything planned or just a catchup?

ReputationRep:
    although i'm seeing my girlfriend for the first time in two months tomorrow :woo:
    Dear oh dear, time frames like that must be difficult to deal with. Still that's nice. Fonder heart!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Oh, that's great, congrats. Got anything planned or just a catchup?
    Nah nothing planned really, just meeting in town. It's a weird relationship :p:

(Original post by Pedrobear)
    Dear oh dear, time frames like that must be difficult to deal with. Still that's nice. Fonder heart!
    Yeah it's not ideal but you get used to it!

ReputationRep:
    There is no fundamental reason that I couldn't be asleep right now, and yet I'm not. This perplexes me.

ReputationRep:
    well sitting at a computer probably doesn't help :p:

ReputationRep:
    well sitting at a computer probably doesn't help :p:
    Complete lack of any routine doesn't help, either - it doesn't really matter if I get up late (especially now that both my parents are back at work so they don't even wake me up :p:) or go to bed at a sensible time.

I shall start a regimen of exercise this week, in an attempt to get into shape to row at uni. The schools and so on are back so I don't feel so self-conscious running and so on.

How's your work with the MP coming on? Have you finished that report (on the wind farm) yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    Complete lack of any routine doesn't help, either - it doesn't really matter if I get up late (especially now that both my parents are back at work so they don't even wake me up :p:) or go to bed at a sensible time.

I shall start a regimen of exercise this week, in an attempt to get into shape to row at uni. The schools and so on are back so I don't feel so self-conscious running and so on.

How's your work with the MP coming on? Have you finished that report (on the wind farm) yet?
    Should take long, I had a creative burst on friday debunking a claim that the construction would produce 777 millions tonnes of carbon dioxide - much fun! Just got a few things to do. It wont be all that great, but at this point I don't really care.

Routine for me doesn't help so much, I get up at 7 on weekdays but I still go to bed just as late :p:

ReputationRep:
    You two still up! :p:

I'm not tired enough for sleep but should probably head soon since I can't manage to lie in after 9/10. Watching a documentary called 'Stalkers' and Brainiac doesn't help!

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, my shower only does a trickle of cold water now... Far too early in the morning for crap like that :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, my shower only does a trickle of cold water now... Far too early in the morning for crap like that :p:
    :rofl: Anyway, have fun today :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ugh I go back to the whole shabang next week :sad: My course induction day is tomorrow

On a monday, I'll have 3 hours of Higher English, then 3 hours of Higher Chemistry and then 3 hours of Higher Psychology. If I'm not struggling to succumb to consciousness by 9pm, I'll be trying to gouge out my eyes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Ugh I go back to the whole shabang next week :sad: My course induction day is tomorrow

On a monday, I'll have 3 hours of Higher English, then 3 hours of Higher Chemistry and then 3 hours of Higher Psychology. If I'm not struggling to succumb to consciousness by 9pm, I'll be trying to gouge out my eyes.
    9 hours working seems a bit of a tough shift. is it the same every day?

i worked for 2 hours 50mins today. free periods so :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dado Prso)
    9 hours working seems a bit of a tough shift. is it the same every day?

i worked for 2 hours 50mins today. free periods so :cool:
    :fu:

Nah, just mondays and wednesdays. I get friday mostly off, thursday morning and a few other slots One day I think I'm only doing UCAS chit.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Heather. Has somene dropped out???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsteneg)
    Heather. Has somene dropped out???
    Yes!
    Aaah, I'm in!
    :woo: :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    Yes!
    Aaah, I'm in!
    :woo: Well done!
    Have you decided to take the offer or are you sticking with school?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    Yes!
    Aaah, I'm in!

Guess you decided to go to college instead of school?!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.