Turn on thread page Beta

6th Years and Leavers :: Chat Thread #1 watch

• View Poll Results: Highest Mark in the AH Maths Prelim :: YOUR BETS (Votes are public)
    namedeprived
    21.74%
    Ape Gone Insane [No one's going to vote for me ]
    26.09%
    Me, I take AH Maths!
    21.74%
    APE! You wasted your one chance of a poll...on THIS! NOOOOOO
    30.43%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    Yes!
    Aaah, I'm in!
    :woo: :woo: :woo:
    :woo: :borat:

Well done!!!! Are you still doing Higher Maths & Psychology :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    "The £1.99 household product Cillit Bang is being used to help clean plutonium stains at the defunct Dounreay nuclear power plant in Caithness"

Bang! And the dirt is gone?

Thank you, I'm here all week.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else's cat meow whenever you sneeze?

ReputationRep:
    You beat me to it :p:

This is my favourite story in a long time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Does anyone else's cat meow whenever you sneeze?
    No but it meow's at everything else! Especially at 5am when it want's out, it claws the bed and sometimes climbs up the headboard and literally flies off it onto your feet! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosie9391)
    No but it meow's at everything else! Especially at 5am when it want's out, it claws the bed and sometimes climbs up the headboard and literally flies off it onto your feet! :mad:
    aww :eek3:

I keep on forgetting peeps have school

ReputationRep:
    aww :eek3:

I keep on forgetting peeps have school
    I find it funny when it happens to my mum though, she wakes in shock with a little scream :p:
    This is the little TomTom:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    I find it funny when it happens to my mum though, she wakes in shock with a little scream :p:
    This is the little TomTom:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Omg, that is so cute! :love:

ReputationRep:
    Omg, that is so cute! :love:
    How is your cat today, recovering well?

ReputationRep:
    How is your cat today, recovering well?
    Yep She looks much more healthy.

ReputationRep:
    Yep She looks much more healthy.
    Aww good

It's very quiet in here tonight!

ReputationRep:
    There was a bit of massively off-topic posting in the textbooks thread instead. :p:

I'm currently looking for a film to watch. I have Saving Private Ryan (which I haven't seen yet!) recorded in the back room but that's likely to wake people.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gearing up to watch the house I missed from Sunday :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I have come to the considered conclusion that the new Sky firmware is pants. So far this holiday I have caught up on seasons 1 and 2 of ER and seasons 2 and 3 of Skins. Grey's Anatomy comes back on next month, I think...

ReputationRep:
    You're gonna have to explain what this firmware you speak of is :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    I have come to the considered conclusion that the new Sky firmware is pants. So far this holiday I have caught up on seasons 1 and 2 of ER and seasons 2 and 3 of Skins. Grey's Anatomy comes back on next month, I think...
    I've been working my way through early CSI episodes and I've been watching a fair bit more of Mock the Week and Never Mind the Buzzcocks recently. Didn't think you would be the skins type of guy, I still haven't seen season one yet :p:

ReputationRep:
    What's skins like? Never been sure if I should bother with it or not...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    You're gonna have to explain what this firmware you speak of is :p:
    Firmware's basically just another name for software which controls a specific (non-general purpose) electronic device and which, generally, is not open for extension or modification. It's not an awfully technical definition, it's a bit fuzzy.

Basically Sky recently updated the software on the boxes, failing miserably on several counts. Firstly, there are user interface problems (i.e. not actual errors but things that are a stupid design and/or unintuitive to use), but more importantly there are bugs all over the place where the box will freeze, crash or fail to record programs (especially in HD).

I've been working my way through early CSI episodes and I've been watching a fair bit more of Mock the Week and Never Mind the Buzzcocks recently. Didn't think you would be the skins type of guy, I still haven't seen season one yet :p:
    :p: I did have nothing but derision for Skins, but decided I should probably see if the hype was justified and was pleasantly surprised in that it was a bit more thoughtful than I had expected. I think season 1 is better than season 3 is much better than season 2, though.

Haven't watched much Mock the Week but I've been watching a few of the older episodes of Have I Got News For You that I missed at the time. I found the one with Brian Blessed particularly hilarious. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meteorshower)
    What's skins like? Never been sure if I should bother with it or not...
    Give it a shot, the seasons are quite short (8 or 9 1 hour episodes) and all on 4OD for free. Start with the first series, though - it's definitely the best, in my opinion. There's a lot of ridiculous exaggeration, gratuitous sex and drugs use, etc. On the other hand, there is a narrative and the character development is good. It managed to be almost touching at times, and was quite amusing, to boot.

ReputationRep:
    I saw the Brian Blessed have i got news for you! It was absolutely amazing :p:
    Especially how he treated Alan Duncan - so funny.

Think i'll give skins a go then! Should finish my report in the next few days so will have a bit of spare time.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.