Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brucey)
    Seems to me that they've integrated all the societys/sports clubs fees together? at least that's what I gather from this website

http://www.upsu.net/activities/sports/aumembership

from what i can make out , its just the athletic union ... which in itself is a society ... but does not cater for the others
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The Atheletics Clubs and the Societies are operated seperately. Quite an unusual step chucking all the clubs in together. I'd rather pay a tenner each for the sports I actually like than £85 for the lot! I suppose it makes signing up easier though if it's all centralised, and at one price.

ReputationRep:
    AFAIK the reason why different sporto's are expensive is because you are using expensive equipment/ minibuses and they provide you with the kit, which obviously has a cost attached to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skribla)
    AFAIK the reason why different sporto's are expensive is because you are using expensive equipment/ minibuses and they provide you with the kit, which obviously has a cost attached to it
    Not to forget insurance as well...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by cravendale)
    Why should i pay an extra £65 this year compared to last year to subsidise the more expensive sports?

I don't know how the clubs work but

"If you have any questions about sports clubs please contact VP Sports Officer on [email protected] "

Might be worth an email?

ReputationRep:
    It does seem a bit odd that they've changed it this year, as surely this will just persuade people to join loads of clubs they wouldn't of otherwise (which while good on one hand, doesn't look as good when half the members never turn up).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.