Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting tongue snipped Watch

ReputationRep:
    Can I gt it done at 16?

Where can I get it done?

Will it cost me anything?

I keep on ripping the bit that gets removed and it's really annoying me, so any advice?

ReputationRep:
    im confused, why would you want part of your tongue cut off?
    is it a particularly long tongue?
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean the actual tongue or the stringy bit underneath it that connects the tongue to the mouth? If you mean the actual tongue then all I can say is WTF?

ReputationRep:
    I presume you're talking about your tongue web? in which case I'm sure if you prove that you keep ripping it they'd probably do it on the NHS?

ReputationRep:
    ugh, why would you do that?

ReputationRep:
    your tongue is useful for talking and pleasuring girls

ReputationRep:
    What the? You want a tongue reduction? Is that even possible?

ReputationRep:
    Snipped or split? You should get it done like this:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)

That's hot.

ReputationRep:
    I think you can get it done at certain piercing studios or doctors?
    If you mean tongue splitting like the photo above, yes some piercing studios will do it for you.

ReputationRep:

I was reading a blog about it last night, actually..and apparently it doesn't hurt half as much as it looks. I still wouldn't go for it though, bit of a wuss :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Getting this bit removed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frenulum_linguae

- i know young babies can get it removed, and people who are tongue tied, but I am neither

(Original post by cowsgoquack)
    and pleasuring girls
    How I keep on ripping it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Wow I can't believe no one on here actually has a clue what the OP is talking about. I'm sure if you go to your doctor and explain how much of a pain it is then you could probably get it done on the NHS, best thing to do is get to your GP and ask them!

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankyloglossia

I have this and I've never had a problem with it. How do you keep ripping it?

It's actually surprising how many people don't know about it and think it is weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AugustWestie)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankyloglossia

I have this and I've never had a problem with it. How do you keep ripping it?

It's actually surprising how many people don't know about it and think it is weird.
    That must be a nightmare, especially in certain situations ! I know someone that was offered the operation but told she could end up with a lisp so said no to it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilee172)
    That must be a nightmare, especially in certain situations ! I know someone that was offered the operation but told she could end up with a lisp so said no to it!
    :p: <- I can't do that, but fortunately it doesn't cause too much interference!

ReputationRep:

I completely agree!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AugustWestie)
    :p: <- I can't do that, but fortunately it doesn't cause too much interference!
    haha that's lucky then!

ReputationRep:
    Tongue splitting on girls = hot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Tongue splitting on girls = hot.
    You serious?? You find this hot?!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.