Turn on thread page Beta

are kids growing up too fast watch

ReputationRep:
    what do you think?

are they acting like adults to soon?
    learning (and possibly having) sex too soon?
    learning about things they shouldnt know?

ReputationRep:
    yes...yes they are

ReputationRep:
    There was a thread about this yesterday, keep up.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, definitely :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    No. I believe people should learn the horrors of the world from a young age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    what do you think?

What is acting like an adult exactly? What is too soon? What is learning about sex, and learning in which manner (some Europeans teach their kids about sex from age 3, and have the lowest European teen pregnancy rate too)? What shouldn't children know, why not and is it more harmful to withhold this information?

Just too many questions behind your questions to give a serious and above superficial reply I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    What is learning about sex, and learning in which manner (some Europeans teach their kids about sex from age 3, and have the lowest European teen pregnancy rate too)?
    South Asian parents enlighten their children on matters of sex when they turn 23.

And teenage pregnancies don't exist there.

ReputationRep:
    nope.

ReputationRep:
    There's a difference between doing what adults do, and acting like an adult.
    I could drink some alcohol...fair enough, adults do that...but then getting completely wasted is childish.
    SO I guess I'm saying that people try to grow up too fast, but are consequently making themselves look like bigger kids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    what do you think?

Well, you're obviously not.

ReputationRep:
    No, people are argueably growing up more slowly than they used too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bong-Bong)
    South Asian parents enlighten their children on matters of sex when they turn 23.

And sometimes..no most of the times not even when they turn 23!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's true. There was a little girl walking down the road the other day dressed up like a 17 year old, caked in makeup, high heels etc. It's awful!

ReputationRep:
    I am. I went from 5'9¾" to 6'1" in a year and I've got a good few stretchmarks on my back, sadly. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I agree that it depends on what you class as being 'grown up'. Children are turning into a certain type of adult much too quickly, but that's the chavvy adult, who doesn't really act in an adult way at all.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    I don't think there's anything wrong with teaching kids about sex. But there is something wrong when you have 12 year old girls trying to look sexy, wearing inappropriate clothes etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpj1987)
    I agree that it depends on what you class as being 'grown up'. Children are turning into a certain type of adult much too quickly, but that's the chavvy adult, who doesn't really act in an adult way at all.
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bong-Bong)

Lol, well maybe not 23 but certainly later than in the west. :p:

It just goes to show that there are so many other variables to consider in the culture of societies where teenage pregnancies are a problem, besides just good 'education' or a lack of it.

ReputationRep:
    yes.... theyre TRYING to become adults too soon. i blame the media !

ReputationRep:
    relative to when? to when girls where getting married and having kids as soon as they were biologically able

relative to when boys were working down the mines from 9 or 10.

dispite all this argument of the internet and mobile phones making kids grow up to fast, they still have a longer "childhood" than any other time in history.

now ask if kids are under educated in all matters of being an adult, from money and earniung a living, to sex and alcohol, i would say yes

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.