Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Probably less than in most countries in terms or responsabillity etc.

ReputationRep:
    In a word , yes !

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Thats what allows them to mess their lives up. Sad but true.

ReputationRep:
    yes it's their parents fault and the media.

ReputationRep:
    maybe its the speed of life we live now. we are challenged to grow up faster, and we are throw into the competitive world full of ryvalry. just life.

ReputationRep:
    I guess it's true to some extent, I don't know if it's just me but I've noticed a difference in the physical appearance as well, an average 16 year old kid today out of high school looks much older, whereas 10 years ago or so the same age group looked younger. Has anyone noticed this too ? Maybe they are maturing faster and reaching puberty quicker.

ReputationRep:
    People are only worrying about this due to arbitrary socially-influenced restrictions on what certain ages can and can not do. If adult behaviour is taught from a young age it will become normal and we will have mature children. I don't think children gain a thing from having people saying 'coochie coochie coo' and 'who's a widdle baby, a widdle cute baby!?' to them all the time, when they could be learning a language. Of course, it depends how you define 'growing up'. Maturity is not something that we should let happen, it's something that we should teach; I honestly think society would improve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liverpool F.C.™)
    I guess it's true to some extent, I don't know if it's just me but I've noticed a difference in the physical appearance as well, an average 16 year old kid today out of high school looks much older, whereas 10 years ago or so the same age group looked younger. Has anyone noticed this too ? Maybe they are maturing faster and reaching puberty quicker.
    I think a lot of it is that quite a lot of girls now wear make up everywhere, so do look older. Its sad really when people you know won't let you see them without any make up on.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.