Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know anything about Ranton House? Been allocated, cant remember what my original choice was but this defo was not it.

Not saying its a problem at all, but i cant remember anything about Ranton house.

Help, where is Wiggler when you need one!

Edit: Right I now realise it is part of Stafford Court, which was my original choice (seems like so long ago now).

ReputationRep:
    Stafford Court is one huge place split up into different 'sections'. Each 'section' is named after a local village, e.g. Ranton, Ecceshall, Gnosal, etc! I think the right side (to the right of the laundry place) is all en-suite and the left-side is all shared (Ranton is on the left from memory).

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that, is it a shared laundry somewhere within Stafford or do you have to go somewhere else on campus?

Love the idea of the starter pack, nice little detail.

ReputationRep:
    The laundry place is smack down in the middle of Stafford Court - note that they do charge you to use these! There's also a laundry place down Weston Road (probably a 15-20 minute walk or 2 min drive).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xtrm2Matt)
    (Ranton is on the left from memory).
    bad memory dude :P

Ranton is the first house you see as you enter. when you're stood int he archway, as you look into the court, that is Ranton House. It's en-suite and your warden for the year will be Dan

ReputationRep:
    Damnit!! Has been a while, that's my excuse! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have been trying to look at the floor plans on the Staffs uni site, it doesnt seem to like my mac, so cant see anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markmywords)
    it doesnt seem to like my mac, so cant see anything.
    Gutted

ReputationRep:
    Just got my accommodation letter through.. Looks like I'm in Ranton House, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markmywords)
    I have been trying to look at the floor plans on the Staffs uni site, it doesnt seem to like my mac, so cant see anything.
    I think you need a piece of autodesk software to view the floor plans (for no reason at all!) i think there is a version for the mac aswell, just search for the file extension of the floor plan:yes:

ReputationRep:
    Aw I feel left out I STILL have no idea where I am staying

I WANT MY LETTER

(end rant)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inebriatedgoldfish)
    Aw I feel left out I STILL have no idea where I am staying

I WANT MY LETTER

(end rant)
    Ditto, seems like I have to wait for my results before getting a letter (so that's 20th of August) it also just so happens that i'm going on holiday the exact same day! Oh well nevermind, I'm pretty confident about my results and I live far away so I'm relatively certain I will get accommodation, it's just a matter of if I get an en-suite or not, and to know the name of where I'll be staying

ReputationRep:
    Anyone wanting to view floor plans whilst on a Mac, download this: http://www.macdwf.com/ just downloaded and it works, remember to save the files off onto your desktop first and change the file extensions to .dwf first.

Just found out i have the biggest room in the flat .

ReputationRep:
    I am staying in Ranton House. Room 032 A. For some reason I am thinking that is the top floor? Which has 4 rooms on each side to it. Whilst all the other floors have 6?

ReputationRep:
    Ranton house too ^_^ 17A :3

ReputationRep:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=116233344908

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else been allocated Ranton yet?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.