Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know anything about Ranton House? Been allocated, cant remember what my original choice was but this defo was not it.

Not saying its a problem at all, but i cant remember anything about Ranton house.

Help, where is Wiggler when you need one!

Edit: Right I now realise it is part of Stafford Court, which was my original choice (seems like so long ago now).

ReputationRep:
    Stafford Court is one huge place split up into different 'sections'. Each 'section' is named after a local village, e.g. Ranton, Ecceshall, Gnosal, etc! I think the right side (to the right of the laundry place) is all en-suite and the left-side is all shared (Ranton is on the left from memory).

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that, is it a shared laundry somewhere within Stafford or do you have to go somewhere else on campus?

Love the idea of the starter pack, nice little detail.

ReputationRep:
    The laundry place is smack down in the middle of Stafford Court - note that they do charge you to use these! There's also a laundry place down Weston Road (probably a 15-20 minute walk or 2 min drive).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xtrm2Matt)
    (Ranton is on the left from memory).
    bad memory dude :P

Ranton is the first house you see as you enter. when you're stood int he archway, as you look into the court, that is Ranton House. It's en-suite and your warden for the year will be Dan

ReputationRep:
    Damnit!! Has been a while, that's my excuse! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have been trying to look at the floor plans on the Staffs uni site, it doesnt seem to like my mac, so cant see anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markmywords)
    it doesnt seem to like my mac, so cant see anything.
    Gutted

ReputationRep:
    Just got my accommodation letter through.. Looks like I'm in Ranton House, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markmywords)
    I have been trying to look at the floor plans on the Staffs uni site, it doesnt seem to like my mac, so cant see anything.
    I think you need a piece of autodesk software to view the floor plans (for no reason at all!) i think there is a version for the mac aswell, just search for the file extension of the floor plan:yes:

ReputationRep:
    Aw I feel left out I STILL have no idea where I am staying

I WANT MY LETTER

(end rant)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inebriatedgoldfish)
    Aw I feel left out I STILL have no idea where I am staying

I WANT MY LETTER

(end rant)
    Ditto, seems like I have to wait for my results before getting a letter (so that's 20th of August) it also just so happens that i'm going on holiday the exact same day! Oh well nevermind, I'm pretty confident about my results and I live far away so I'm relatively certain I will get accommodation, it's just a matter of if I get an en-suite or not, and to know the name of where I'll be staying

ReputationRep:
    Anyone wanting to view floor plans whilst on a Mac, download this: http://www.macdwf.com/ just downloaded and it works, remember to save the files off onto your desktop first and change the file extensions to .dwf first.

Just found out i have the biggest room in the flat .

ReputationRep:
    I am staying in Ranton House. Room 032 A. For some reason I am thinking that is the top floor? Which has 4 rooms on each side to it. Whilst all the other floors have 6?

ReputationRep:
    Ranton house too ^_^ 17A :3

ReputationRep:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=116233344908

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else been allocated Ranton yet?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.