Turn on thread page Beta

so depressed...what can i do? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by girlmechanik)
    what two problems??? i thought i only had one!
    Oh sorry, mixed you up with mum mental one lol. So yh, you could see the GP. But the counsellor is better because clinical depression is a cognitive illness, there is no proof for biological theory, but circumstances. The GP will give you meds. I would advise the counsellor, unless you feel suicidal at any point, then take the drugs from GP And keep yourself busy and berries improve mood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmie19)
    Oh sorry, mixed you up with mum mental one lol. So yh, you could see the GP. But the counsellor is better because clinical depression is a cognitive illness, there is no proof for biological theory, but circumstances. The GP will give you meds. I would advise the counsellor, unless you feel suicidal at any point, then take the drugs from GP And keep yourself busy and berries improve mood
    done the suicidal bit...i have kinda banished those thoughts for now...proud!

and yeah, im gonna go friday if i can get an appointment with a decent doctor...cos then if anyone asks i can say i had to take my godson to see the nurse or something x

ReputationRep:
    im gonna try and get an appointment without telling anyone
    Good, do that if you can! Just knowing that it's something that can be treated might make you feel a bit better? No-one should have to feel depressed. Oh and if you need somewhere to go in the meantime, the depression society here is really helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    Good, do that if you can! Just knowing that it's something that can be treated might make you feel a bit better? No-one should have to feel depressed. Oh and if you need somewhere to go in the meantime, the depression society here is really helpful.
    yeah im gonna go friday so if anyone asks i can say i had to take my godson

im gonna have to write it down otherwise im gonna shy out of saying anything and end up getting a random mole checked just so i can say something x

ReputationRep:
    yeah im gonna go friday so if anyone asks i can say i had to take my godson

im gonna have to write it down otherwise im gonna shy out of saying anything and end up getting a random mole checked just so i can say something x
    You could always print out your first post on this thread? Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    You could always print out your first post on this thread? Good luck!
    i'll probably just take my notebook to bed and write a list of the symptoms that i think are worth mentioning, like my 3 weeks headache and the weepiness.

Thankyou so much for your help though! x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.