Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince357)
    My mum was just telling me i'm too feminine ******** that i'm meant to like boys stuff like football. Help me, I'm confused...
    Plant your fist in her face then butt her in the stomach, kick her into the kitchen and make sure she makes you a goddamn sandwich. That's what real men do.

I don't like watching football either but I don't see it as a problem whatsoever. Masculinity is all about confidence and it is only lost by worrying whether you're masculine enough or not, why do you care so much what others think of you?

ReputationRep:
    Only gay men don't like football. Sorry m8.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon the 7th)
    rugbys much better. footballers moan over anything like wimps whereas rugby players can handle anything
    What a load of ******** lol.

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand football.

ReputationRep:
    Of course not.

ReputationRep:
    F1 > Football. :yep:

Though I love them both.

ReputationRep:
    I know a bit about it, but I wouldnt choose to watch it and I dont really see the attraction to playing it really..

I guess everyone has their thing, so Im more of a music / individual sports person!
    =D

ReputationRep:
    Well like everyone said, we don't have to like what other like. I hate football, playing it, watching or thinking about it and all the media around it. I prefer basketball all the way.
    But I'm not a sports guy either way :/

ReputationRep:
    you have to or your gay or a girl:sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeke53in)
    Yes otherwise you're gay.
    is that right? :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    The majority of boys like football, probably.
    But that doesn't mean that you have to.
    I prefer cricket myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don John)
    You are now my most favourite person in the universe
    i know...im everyones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizzletastic)
    What a load of ******** lol.
    you're only lol'ing because you know it's true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince357)
    Does having a passion for football or liking it define your masculinity as most boys/males have a passion for it? I don't get it

Basically, I was brought up in Africa and what I basically did was go to school, come back at home, eat, have tutorials, do my homework, watch cartoons or a drama and go to bed. In the weekends, I usually wash my school uniform, do my chores, eat, watch TV and go to bed.

I have attempted and tried watching football so many times but I can't fathom what people see in it. Basically, what I see is boys kicking a ball, I seriously don't understand. I'm more into watching comedies, dramas, horror movies and expanding my knowledge on the internet.

My parents and friends have talked me into watching football or having knowledge on it but I don't just see what's fun about it.

I may not be pro level but I can play football. I just see it pointless IMO

I really want to know and like football as it is generally what males like (I'm a boy btw) but i'm confused. Any help? Is it too late or what can I do for me to like it.

My mum was just telling me i'm too feminine ******** that i'm meant to like boys stuff like football. Help me, I'm confused...
    have you tried playing it?

ReputationRep:
    No, I can't stand football, at all.

Give me F1 (or even better, superbikes) any day.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather go out with a guy who was interesting than one who banged on about some match he saw the other day.

ReputationRep:
    its good to like soemthign though. Like you I like comedies and films so watch plenty of those.

I enjoy the gym and prefer basketball as a sport but I have always preferred playing sport more than watching it. Moto GP and F1 is my fav to watch

ReputationRep:
    No. Football's cack.

Now snowboarding, there's a spectator sport.

ReputationRep:
    Do you like any sport OP?

ReputationRep:
    Short answer: No
    Long answer: No

You don't have to like something just because others do.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 30, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.