Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It's the law i'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.P.D-L)
    I'm a gay and i dont like watching football, playing football or even talking about football.

^ I'd form an even quicker relationship if i knew the person i was talking to wasn't interested in football.. haha
    :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon the 7th)
    whereas rugby players can handle anything
    Like only having ten people turn up to watch them play. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think if you're a real man you have to like football. Football is education, vision, art, drama, love, just all the best things in life rolled into one. :yeo:

F1 is probably one of the worst sports around at the moment. The driver who's winning is just the driver with the fastest car and they go around the same thing around 69 times. :no:

ReputationRep:
    Screw football. I find it so dull.

I'd rather watch cars 'go round in a circle for 60 laps.' Yes, I'm an F1 buff. There's so much more to it, so much to learn if you want to. If you don't, then you can watch it anyway and you won't miss out on much so long as you understand the basics. What's there to football? Some daft offside rule. F1 is much more relevant as well, as the technologies in those cars eventually make their way into road cars, and a lot of people drive. A greater percentage of f1 fans will drive than football fans play football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Like only having ten people turn up to watch them play. :awesome:
    yes but that's ten more respectable people than those hooligans who watch football :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Football is an incredibly dull and tedious thing to watch.
    Faced with a choice between working on my hotrod or watching 20 odd morons kick a leather bladder about, the hotrod wins hands down every time.

I wish they'd stop showing it on TV.

ReputationRep:
    Football is crap and gay, but F1... damn.

ReputationRep:
    no we dont, i myself half like it.. some matches i watch, some i dont.. simple as that..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon the 7th)
    yes but that's ten more respectable people than those hooligans who watch football :rolleyes:
    Ah yes, because you're a far more respectable person if you choose to watch a sport that consists of one guy catching the ball and everyone else trying to kill him.

ReputationRep:
    Technically, if you don't like football; you're not a real man. :yes:

Nahh, I think as long as you like some sport like golf or cricket, it's ok. I personally find blokes who don't like football a bit weird though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Ah yes, because you're a far more respectable person if you choose to watch a sport that consists of one guy catching the ball and everyone else trying to kill him.
    they're not trying to kill him

they're trying to get the ball

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to like any sport at all. It's not as if your penis will shrivel up and drop off if you admit to not being interested in football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeke53in)
    Yes otherwise you're gay.

No, otherwise you're too narrow-minded.

ReputationRep:
    Of course not. No one's going to chop your genitals off.

ReputationRep:
    Of course not, I know guys more interested in music than sport

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinker_bell4)
    Technically, if you don't like football; you're not a real man. :yes:
    I wish I could be a real man, like this guy.

Sadly all my heroes are girly men.

ReputationRep:
    Masculinity isn't defined by being a football fan, I'm sure there's some football fans who are feminine and what about all of the women who are football fans, does that make them masculine? Nope, you don't have to like football just because you are male. All sorts of people follow football and all sorts of people don't follow football. Just do whatever you enjoy and if football isn't one of those things you don't nee to force yourself to watch it.

ReputationRep:
    No. I really don't like football. It's such a waste of time. I'd rather get kicked in the nuts than spending a whole day watching it (like most of my friends do all the time)

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe for one second that liking football defines my masculinity. It's got nothing to do with it, at all.

That said, I absolutely love football. It makes the winter bearable and, once every four years, the summer electric. I do disagree with the business of it all, though; it's a fact that the players are grossly overpaid and some of their antics warrant slightly more than a weeks' wages fine and a match ban. Didier Drogba comes to mind re last years European Cup semis.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.