Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zeke53in)
    Yes otherwise you're gay.
    [goes down 1 intelligence level]

No, you're not.

[/goes back up 1 intelligence level]

ReputationRep:
    Football sucks. This thread is now about Jim Wendler.

"We live in a society that judges on physical appearance. Having big legs is ok, but no one notices. Big arms make you seem too narcissistic. A big chest makes you look like Captain UpperBody; a superhero no one wants to dress up like during Halloween. So that leaves the yoke as the essential body part to develop."

"Unfortunately, I am next to Johnny Shoulders that seems to want to hog 25% of my airline seat. I eat the peanuts and soda given to me. As if to show me how dedicated to health he is, he busts out a bag of almonds and some bottled water. This must account for the 80lbs of tire around his waist. The lesson here is this: if you eat almonds and drink water you will be a fat, irritating slob."

"I do my usual workout – 3 sets of 1 exercise (deadlifts) and Dave is priming his guns for battle. I catch him doing lying overhead biceps curls. Hard to explain, so let’s just give it the title of “ghey” and be done with it."

"Joe DeFranco is full of ****. There I said it. If you have a problem with that statement, then you are wrong."

ReputationRep:
    I played and enjoyed football and other sports when I was a kid.
    I've grown up... I now hate all sports, watching them or otherwise.

Footballers get paid too much therefore everyone wants to be a footballer but because everyone wants to be one. They sacrifice their studying for playing football. We end up with a load of disappointed people who know nothing. Therefore football is the ultimate fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Αξιολογος)
    Because orgasming over 22 sweaty men in shorts is totally not gay.
    Oh sorry there, MR 'I'm insecure about my sexuality because I'm probably a ******'. I appreciate the skill/work/creativity/influence/brilliance and sublime abilities of the footballers. Not THEIR physical form, and unlike you, I don't really ponder how sweaty they are, or why they are wearing shorts. :rolleyes:

Nice try though, definitely gave me a decent insight into why you fail at life.

ReputationRep:
    No. It's dull.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by farhan)
    Yep. It's called homosexuality if they don't.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    Love everything about it. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    No, of course not. How daft.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaneCook)
    Oh sorry there, MR 'I'm insecure about my sexuality because I'm probably a ******'. I appreciate the skill/work/creativity/influence/brilliance and sublime abilities of the footballers. Not THEIR physical form, and unlike you, I don't really ponder how sweaty they are, or why they are wearing shorts. :rolleyes:

Nice try though, definitely gave me a decent insight into why you fail at life.
    Sorry, I wasn't having a go at you as such, I know that's the way you meant it, more the general question of the thread. To be fair, you did leave something of an open goal as it were.

I'm also perfectly secure in my sexuality, thank you very much. I don't need to ponder why they are sweaty or wearing shorts, to a footaball fan such as yourself, it should be perfectly obvious why.

ReputationRep:
    Football is boring as hell! as are all sports. What i find silly is that so many men sit on their arses watching it day and night, GO OUT AND PLAY IT YOURSELVES YOU LAZY BUGGERS!

No you don't have to like football i know plenty of dude who are perfectly um....'manly' without sitting on their arses for 90 minutes at a time watching tossers kick a ball around.

ReputationRep:
    I ******* hate sports. Cause I'm **** at all of them

ReputationRep:
    Nah I'm not into footie.

Darts is where I'm at; I love playing and watching it - you get bags of excitement and drama when it's a close match. Oh aye, I love the darts.

ReputationRep:
    Rugby is a sport for real men, so i'm told.

ReputationRep:
    everyone who says it's gay not to like football is insecure and have something to prove, they probably pretend to like it to prove they're not gay.

oh and fyi i always used to get picked first when we did captains in school.

ReputationRep:
    No. Infact I'd say the majority of lads don't like it. Lads will say they're mad about 'X Team' but really all they do is buy the merchandise and brag whenever they win a competition. Number of times I've been in a pub with 'football fans' when a match is on, only to see them only ocassionally glance up or not at all fussed at the result.

So, OP, if you aren't into football it's not an uncommon thing.

ReputationRep:
    Wow you are dumb.

ReputationRep:
    Who's that directed at?

ReputationRep:
    Im a bloke who loves football, i do sports management at uni and play for the uni team etc and i honestly feel a bit uncomfortable around blokes who dont like Football at times i just find it odd!

It gives you a 100% full proof thing to talk about to another bloke to break the ice if they like football and if theyre not into it and you mention somethinf footbally and they dont understand its so awkward lol

ReputationRep:
    I don't like football (or any other sport, for that matter)

I have a 5 month old son, I will never force it on him or be unsupportive if he chooses to like it or not. People are free to choose, not liking it doesn't make you any less of a man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeadTheFuneralMarch)
    Football is boring as hell! as are all sports. What i find silly is that so many men sit on their arses watching it day and night, GO OUT AND PLAY IT YOURSELVES YOU LAZY BUGGERS!

No you don't have to like football i know plenty of dude who are perfectly um....'manly' without sitting on their arses for 90 minutes at a time watching tossers kick a ball around.
    Hahahahaha awesome post.

i watch alot of footie thats quite a funny little analysis.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 30, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.