Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    gah! can't believe it myself too that it's coming so soon...the day i get to unpack & see if all the stuff i lugged over fits into the room. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeh Im pretty sure I'll have way too much crap with me. I lived in Budapest for a year and had a massive room but I think that the rooms in Dean Court (judging from the online pics) are small enough.

I dont really check this that often so if anyone feels like adding me on Fbook let me know and I'll send you a mail.....not Citizen though....he's my long lost brother!

ReputationRep:
    aaaaarrrrggghhhh.....I just realised that september has already started...3 weeks left before i move to bristol....and the same as McCarc said, if you wanna add me on facebook just tell me here or send me a message here...and who would've thought that fbook would reunite us 2 after such a long time!!!

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone...i will be doing my phd in aerospace engineering in bristol...deans court as well...can't wait to meet you guys =)

ReputationRep:
    Hey I am starting too. MSc International Development. See you guys there!

ReputationRep:
    Don't suppose anyone else is doing MSc Palaeobiology are they?

I'll be moving in to Chantry Court next weekend (either 19th or the 20th), I also have based my decision on coming to Bristol and staying in Chantry entirely using online resources. Hope it's all represented accurately!

ReputationRep:
    Seems like a fair few of us based our decision to go to Bristol purely on online resources . Hopefully, fingers crossed, it should turn out to be just dandy.

To all the people staying in Deans Court, i'll be in room 57E. come and say hi once you're there . i'll be moving in on the 26th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonswizzle)
    Don't suppose anyone else is doing MSc Palaeobiology are they?
    i'm doing an MSc in Computer Science & i've yet to find anyone taking the same course as me. where are all the aspiring techy ppl? :p:

ReputationRep:
    yup me, im going to be doing msc in research methods in psychology and staying chantry court. anybodddyyy?

ReputationRep:
    Now I am a registered postgrad student and have a Bristol mail account.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hakinen)
    WHAT? I wanted to register early so I could start in the lab next week (i.e. a week early) and they wouldn't let me!! Which Faculty are you??

In other news I FINALLY have somewhere to live!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hakinen)
    Do you know how long until we can actually access our email account? I registered but haven't read through everything yet, and when I tried accessing my email there was an error message saying invalid username or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    WHAT? I wanted to register early so I could start in the lab next week (i.e. a week early) and they wouldn't let me!! Which Faculty are you??

In other news I FINALLY have somewhere to live!!
    didn't registration only start today tho?

& good for you that you've settled your accommodation, Bekaboo!

btw, am i required to print anything out after completing the registration? cos i don't have access to a printer where i am right now up til Thursday. & admittedly i haven't tried to register yet, in case i can't save to print later.

ReputationRep:
    I was surfing late at night and noticed that registration was open and then registered. I also was not able to log on to mybristol and mail. But during the day i made it once, to check if there was any informaiton regarding the reading list etc. Because i didnt recieve a registration pack. And when I logged on I was able to add myself to Uni Of Bristol network at Facebook.

And kimmi, yes you need a printer to make registration. But you may print it later as well. I also didnt have printer at that moment so as a guarantee I saved it my computer as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimgan)
    didn't registration only start today tho?

& good for you that you've settled your accommodation, Bekaboo!
    Oh hell yes, online registration. (I was talking about Faculty registration rather than university registration, which I believe is the 28th) Totally forgot about that bit. Thanks for the reminder

btw, am i required to print anything out after completing the registration? cos i don't have access to a printer where i am right now up til Thursday. & admittedly i haven't tried to register yet, in case i can't save to print later.
    I have a feeling the answer was yes...

Yup
    Online registration
    All students are required to register
    online before arrival at the University.
    Online registration for new students
    opens on Tuesday 15 September, and
    you are asked to:
    • complete this process by 24 September
    • print out your Certificate of
    Registration and keep it securely.
    Edit: Le sigh. Apparently I'm not eligible to register online, and am only expected to do my 28th September job. Silly.

ReputationRep:
    Okay quick query for you guys who have registered - do you still have faculty registration? I don't understand why it won't let me register now, since that seems different to what I have to do on the 28th. Pain in the ass...

ReputationRep:
    Okay quick query for you guys who have registered - do you still have faculty registration? I don't understand why it won't let me register now, since that seems different to what I have to do on the 28th. Pain in the ass...
    For me, the answer is yes. The faculty (law) registration is on 28th.

ReputationRep:
    I'm also unable to register, will give it another day or two before getting in contact.

ReputationRep:
    Well I've emailed faculty of science since the phone call went through to answer machine.

ReputationRep:
    That's so weird that you can't register through the site. My dept. is in the faculty of science too, and I had no issues doing the university registration. Hopefully they can get that sorted soon. Good luck!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.