Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    cheers for the info Bekaboo!

(Original post by Bekaboo)
    Okay quick query for you guys who have registered - do you still have faculty registration? I don't understand why it won't let me register now, since that seems different to what I have to do on the 28th. Pain in the ass...
    well, i happened to be lucky enough to gain access to a printer today. so i'm now registered & have changed my password...since that seemed to be like THE thing i needed to get done ASAP after registration according to the completed online registration printout. :rolleyes:

so everything's gone fine for me, i'd say. tho i haven't really explored the MyBristol portal.

anywayz, i do still have faculty registration on 29 Sep. & i'll be under the Engineering faculty.
    if anything, i do believe that you'll need the printout once your online registration is completed during your faculty registration & to get your student ID.

was there maybe some info that you marked as "incorrect" during the registration process (assuming you got to access the website at least)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimgan)
    anywayz, i do still have faculty registration on 29 Sep. & i'll be under the Engineering faculty.
    if anything, i do believe that you'll need the printout once your online registration is completed during your faculty registration & to get your student ID.
    I was asking about this in case for some reason e.g. online registration was only for certain people and others had 'in person' registration later.
    was there maybe some info that you marked as "incorrect" during the registration process (assuming you got to access the website at least)?
    No. I didn't. It wouldn't even let me log in. I've had an email this morning saying they'll look into it.

ReputationRep:
    I received a reply this morning from my faculty saying that 'my record has been updated' whatever that means and can now proceed to register online

ReputationRep:
    Still no reply from mine. I tried again now to no avail

In other news, I'm meant to move tomorrow and I still have no keys

ReputationRep:
    so, did you guys manage to get your online registration done??

ReputationRep:
    On another note, I just looked at the freshers activities over the next week and it looks like there's a Postgrad Welcome party at the union tonight, is anyone planning on going to this? I'm working until 9ish but was thinking about making an appearance afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, should be going. it's a slow week so far...i'll very likely think differently by next week when things get rolling at the uni. :P

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, upon arrival, for moving into the residence hall (for me is deans court), do you go to the accomodation office or the residence hall itself straight away for room key?

ReputationRep:
    you should go directly to the residence hall. there is an office run by the hall's management team where you check-in & get your bedding pack. the presentation is done at the hall's common room.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone go to the mixer thing? A friend told me about it that day and we went, but it was a shame cos everyone was sat down and not... mixing

ReputationRep:
    thanks kimgan!

I will move in on the 30th. man, I think I have missed quite a lot of welcome parties...
    btw, guys out there, i will be staying in deans court, room 38B..please drop by and say hello =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IBK)
    hey guys; need some help here. Trying to find some accomodation; pls msg me if you have a spare room to rent out. I am a postgrad in Computing starting this year. Looking for something circa 330 bills inclusive (i know i am being optimistic). Cheers in advance
    Hey IBK - I think the mods will probably ask you to take this down - I was asked to when I had something up about offering a room when I was in Oxford. How are you currently going about finding a room? I had surprising success this time around with gumtree, but in the past I've found SpareRoom and EasyRoommate very good too. EasyRoommate you pretty much have to pay for, but is marginally better.

ReputationRep:
    Hey IBK - I think the mods will probably ask you to take this down - I was asked to when I had something up about offering a room when I was in Oxford. How are you currently going about finding a room? I had surprising success this time around with gumtree, but in the past I've found SpareRoom and EasyRoommate very good too. EasyRoommate you pretty much have to pay for, but is marginally better.
    thanks will take it down then

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone go to the mixer thing? A friend told me about it that day and we went, but it was a shame cos everyone was sat down and not... mixing
    "mixer thing" as in the welcome party? yeah, not much mixing tho some did make an effort. a major problem was the general lack of seats given the turnout. & the DJ looked more like somebody sat behind his laptop with his playlist on shuffle while he did something else (playing WoW perhaps? ;p)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aragorn)
    thanks kimgan!

I will move in on the 30th. man, I think I have missed quite a lot of welcome parties...
    btw, guys out there, i will be staying in deans court, room 38B..please drop by and say hello =)
    not really, you didn't miss out on much. the Student Union's supposedly organising another postgrad party anyway for when everyone's arrived.

other than that I ended up joining in a couple of the int'l student activities last wk. felt a bit weird with me seemingly being the only postgrad in the bunch. 8p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimgan)
    "mixer thing" as in the welcome party? yeah, not much mixing tho some did make an effort. a major problem was the general lack of seats given the turnout. & the DJ looked more like somebody sat behind his laptop with his playlist on shuffle while he did something else (playing WoW perhaps? ;p)
    Yeah that's the one. Tbh I think they should have just had a playlist running quite quietly in the background. How are you supposed to meet people if you can't talk? Wasn't too full while I was there, but we went and left by about 9 because we'd exhausted people to talk to. Good food tho :p:

ReputationRep:
    my flight is tomorrow...bristol here i come

ReputationRep:
    Sort of.

4th Year of an Msci Maths/Philosophy. Bit awkward really, I'm half postgrad and half not, depends for what administrative purpose...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy5788)
    Sort of.

4th Year of an Msci Maths/Philosophy. Bit awkward really, I'm half postgrad and half not, depends for what administrative purpose...
    I'm still counting myself as an undergrad for everything except talking to our landlord- he only wants postgrads living here!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but I seem to need to do a lot of my stuff at the Postgrad Arts Office....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.