The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
I did wonder about what would happen if people were on holiday. I know that on the site it says regardless of terms you have to accept within 10 days but if I were you I'd ring up and explain you were on holiday and that you didn't expect any progress, since in the email it said you would find out BEFORE the end of June which clearly you didn't, so it is there fault and you hope they can fix it.

Good luck
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Emailed and rang them. nothing they can do. This is silly!
Thats pretty fkin **** tbh. I'd kick up a fuss if i were u. If not look into private halls
I think the main reason they do this is because they want to get as many people as possible into there preffered halls, so if there is a high demand they give a short period to accept so that in the case of people declining they can quickly give the place to someone else who does want it.

If they're not full you should be able to ring them up and still get a place.
Reply 5
I havn't had any word back :eek3: Is that bad lol?
Reply 6
dnt mean to be a dick but mate you should of cheked your email dude
im sure he is aware of that. not very constructive comments. just wants some advice......
Reply 8
thedrrex
dnt mean to be a dick but mate you should of cheked your email dude

would never have guessed that.............................................

im looking at priv halls, got ocean house, moss court and new medlock short listed. anyone have reviews?
Reply 9
That's a real shame. Last year I missed my acceptance deadline because I was at Leeds Festival (and this was after results day, MMU was my insurance!) and had no way of checking emails etc - I thought they might have rung/sent a letter which my mum would've been able to deal with! But no.

However, when I rang them up and explained and said I really did want to go there, the guy couldn't do enough for me. He had to manually do something or other and it took him ages, but I was sorted in the end for my first chocie halls.

Sorry it didn't work that way for you
x
Reply 10
I was just waiting for this to happen, luckily I came back from holiday only a few days after I received my accommodation so I still had a week, but still its disgraceful!
Reply 11
ADavis1
I went on holiday on the 18th July for 2 weeks, got back and have been accepted a place at the halls i wanted (emailed on 20th July), however i missed the deadline (30th July) and there is nothing i can now do.

I was only given 10 days to respond to the offer, this is VERY small, I have now missed a place of accommodation and probably wont end up at uni this year because of it.

Why is there only a 10 day period to accept accommodation. grr. :eek3:

I did the same thing whilst I was on my gap year! But its not all over! www.manchesterstudenthomes.com has a useful forum for people in the same position as you. Plenty of people seem to be offering and asking for accommodation so I'm sure someone will help you out. It can also be alot cheaper than going into halls.

I've asked plenty of my mates who went to uni last year whether their Halls were essential for making new mates, and they seemed to think not. The university I'm sure will organise freshers activities so that you almost meet everyone! Most said that they met their best mates whilst doing things they were interested (e.g. music taste at nights out or sport) or on their course.

Thats what I was concerned about when I missed my deadline.

Good luck in finding somewhere to live if you do go this year.
Reply 12
Private halls are your friends!
go to accom office after results day and see what they have left! my mate did it last year and got cambridge! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending