Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I applied to student finance months ago and sent of all the evidence required (p60 etc) by mid June. i have been on holiday for the past 3 weeks and only got back last night to see a letter saying that they have carried out an assessment which is not based on my household income, even tho i wanted it to be ASSESSED on household income. they say they don't have sufficient evidence to carry out a full financial assessment and that i will receive the basic amount for maintenance loan (£3564).

I was wondering if i should just sign the form they sent me to confirm and be done with it or risk getting my money late for a higher amount. Also the letter said nothing about a maintenance grant and i am pretty sure i applied for everything on the form.

thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    I had the same problem..so I rang up and they said they do a basic non means assessment then a second one taking into account your parents income etc. So you have recieved your first letter, which you still have to sign and then you will recieve your assessed correct version.

This was the case for me and loads of others I know. However, I would still double check and ring them.

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the reply and i really hope that's the case. i will ring them asap, cheers

ReputationRep:
    I've called them 3 times now since I've had the exact same problem. Today I spoke to a team leader/manager who said that you're not signing for the lower amount, you're just signing to make sure you understand the terms and conditions. You have to sign the form just to make sure you get SOME money for the start of your course. I definitely advise ringing though as they today managed to sort out my issue with evidence they needed, turns out they didn't need any, they'd made an error that no ones picked up on.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i got a letter like that today, it said on the back that once they receive the income info they will re-assess...I tried to phone them today to make sure but was on hold for about 20mins before i gave up and hung up.
    I will sign mine and send it off anyway and try phoning to make sure that they will reasses...

Oh also, my dad phoned up a while ago about his p60, and said that the woman on the phone said a photocopy of it was ok, but i was sure it had to be the original, anyway he sent off the photocopy, does anyone know if this will be ok?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the same thing happened to me. Send everything by recorded delivery and ring them every couple of days. If you annoy them enough, shiz gets sorted out quicker. Basically, they have been picking out all the proof of ID documents and leaving the rest in boxes, so they might not have got to your financial evidence yet. I sent mine in April and they found it last week, so have patience. It should get sorted eventually.

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine at the end of April, and I'm STILL waiting to be assessed... we got my dads payslip back but nothing else.... Rang them up a few times and they just said the same thing "we've got a backlog..".
    This sucks arse, cause it's the last thing I'm waiting on, and I move in a month!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by km31)
    Oh also, my dad phoned up a while ago about his p60, and said that the woman on the phone said a photocopy of it was ok, but i was sure it had to be the original, anyway he sent off the photocopy, does anyone know if this will be ok?

hi i just phoned them up about half an hour ago in regards to sending a photocopy of my parents p60's and the lady on the phone said it should be fine! so finger x it should all be okay!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.