Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting friend request rejected on facebook Watch

So I met a guy the other night, we got on really well and he seemed interested- kept on holding my hand and hugging me. But we didn't exchange numbers, so I added him on facebook (it turns out we used to go to the same school) so I could contact him that way, but he declined ....so I'm confused .

ReputationRep:
    May have been by accident, or may be that he's sobered up.

ReputationRep:
    How do you know hes declined? I thought you only got a message about it if they accepted your request.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spleeny)
    How do you know hes declined? I thought you only got a message about it if they accepted your request.
    She probably looked at his profile thing where it says, friend request pending or whatever and it probably said add as a friend.

Op I thought you could add a message to friend requests? Maybe he didn't realise it was you.

Before they have responded to the request it say's 'Friend request pending' after they have declined it gives you the option to add them as a friend again.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he was drunk and couldn't remember it was you?

Maybe he doesn't want you prying on his profile etc?

It doesn't instantly mean that he doesn't like you. Try not to fret about it. And if he doesn't like you, then it's his loss.

ReputationRep:
    They were probably drunk out of their mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Before they have responded to the request it say's 'Friend request pending' after they have declined it gives you the option to add them as a friend again.
    Huh, never knew that.

ReputationRep:
    he probably has a gf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lm_wfc)
    he probably has a gf
    Ding ding!

We have a winner :yes:

(Original post by Enchanté)
    She probably looked at his profile thing where it says, friend request pending or whatever and it probably said add as a friend.

Op I thought you could add a message to friend requests? Maybe he didn't realise it was you.
    I have sent him a private message since...so I'm still waiting for a response.

And we were both more or less sober.

ReputationRep:
    telling somebody to add you on facebook instead of giving them your number is the new "fake number"

ReputationRep:
    Just leave it.

ReputationRep:
    thats what i was thinking...

that cat in your sig is amazing!

op: maybe he has a girlfriend and didn't tell you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lm_wfc)
    he probably has a gf
    So effectively you're saying , that a man can only add/accept friend requests from males , because he has a GF ? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Never, never, never add someone as a friend on facebook after you meet them for the first time.
    It gives the impression that you're desperate for romance or just 'facebook friends' in general.

Think about it. In real life - after you've met someone you like (and you might think it's mutual) - you wouldn't call them your boyfriend or best friend straight away, would you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have sent him a private message since...so I'm still waiting for a response.

And we were both more or less sober.
    Further supporting my theory.:beard:
    I should be a detective.

unlucky OP:console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    So effectively you're saying , that a man can only add/accept friend requests from males , because he has a GF ? :p:
    if shes going to immediately post on your wall loving messages about last night. it's probably not allowed I imagine.:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    lol well i wouldn't add some random girl to facebook when i don't know her.. especially not if i have been on a date with this girl lol

(Original post by TheMeister)
    Never, never, never add someone as a friend on facebook after you meet them for the first time.
    It gives the impression that you're desperate for romance or just 'facebook friends' in general.

Think about it. In real life - after you've met someone you like (and you might think it's mutual) - you wouldn't call them your boyfriend or best friend straight away, would you?
    did i miss something? since when is having a facebook friend same as having a girlfriend/boyfriend lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davezk)
    Just leave it.
    What did you post to get that much neg from LGBT soc?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.