Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting friend request rejected on facebook Watch

ReputationRep:
    He might have rejected it by accident. I've done that before. Add again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    He might have rejected it by accident. I've done that before. Add again.
    lol, is that really wise? That could make things twice as bad.

(Original post by TheMeister)
    Never, never, never add someone as a friend on facebook after you meet them for the first time.
    It gives the impression that you're desperate for romance or just 'facebook friends' in general.

Think about it. In real life - after you've met someone you like (and you might think it's mutual) - you wouldn't call them your boyfriend or best friend straight away, would you?
    I always get random adds from people from parties, people I know vaguely from school etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick_000)
    What did you post to get that much neg from LGBT soc?
    Something along the lines of 'nobody cares about sexuality nowadays so why do you feel the need to only converse with other homosexuals on this thread'. They were just talking about general stuff like films, food etc and I was just wondering why the conversation had to take place exclusively between LBGTs. It's not like its a hobby like most of the other socs where conversation is drawn from the corresponding subject - I don't agree with racial/national socs either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davezk)
    Something along the lines of 'nobody cares about sexuality nowadays so why do you feel the need to only converse with other homosexuals on this thread'. They were just talking about general stuff like films, food etc and I was just wondering why the conversation had to take place exclusively between LBGTs. It's not like its a hobby like most of the other socs where conversation is drawn from the corresponding subject - I don't agree with racial/national socs either.

nice sig :p:

ReputationRep:
    Is your profile picture obviously you? I mean by that a picture of your face and you can make it out? Some people have pictures where they are very far away from the camera, or they have their back to it(I have my back to the camera in mine) or they just look different to how they normally do (eg. fancy dress/different dress style). Maybe if you have a picture like that he didn't realise it was you. Now you've sent a message you'll be able to find out.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he's just not that into you.

(Original post by The Narrator)
    Is your profile picture obviously you? I mean by that a picture of your face and you can make it out? Some people have pictures where they are very far away from the camera, or they have their back to it(I have my back to the camera in mine) or they just look different to how they normally do (eg. fancy dress/different dress style). Maybe if you have a picture like that he didn't realise it was you. Now you've sent a message you'll be able to find out.
    Good point, I'm fairly hard to make out in my profile pic. So yup, the message clears that up (if he does decide to get in contact with me).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHosh)
    did i miss something?
    Yes, you did. The analogy. :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    im a cat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    Yes, you did. The analogy. :wtf:
    oh hmm *rereads the post* oooh right i see hmm

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.