Turn on thread page Beta

Sleeping Hours and Free Time at Uni watch

ReputationRep:
    How much sleep do u get at UNI?
    I like to sleep 12 hours a day and leave about 1 or 2 hours to play some cards (Turneeb).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mb85)
    I like to sleep 12 hours a day and leave about 1 or 2 hours to play some cards (Turneeb).
    12 hours? no way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mb85)
    What is wrong with you!! I sleep for about 6-7 hours a day.

ReputationRep:
    i usually sleep from around 2 - 8, and use the weekends to catch up with it. as for free time, it depends where and what you do. doing phyisics, i get a lot of free time. but essayists spend a lot of time writing essays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mb85)
    If I don't get atleast 8 hours sleep I feel like sh*t for the whole day and fall asleep in my lectures. 10 hours is when I feel my best and if I have nothing to get up for the next day I will often sleep for 12 hours. I have loads of free time and if I have nothing else to do (or cant be bothered working) I'll play some network red alert or unreal tournament for a few hours!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_)
    If I don't get atleast 8 hours sleep I feel like sh*t for the whole day and fall asleep in my lectures. 10 hours is when I feel my best and if I have nothing to get up for the next day I will often sleep for 12 hours. I have loads of free time and if I have nothing else to do (or cant be bothered working) I'll play some network red alert or unreal tournament for a few hours!
    WOW is there like allowed in UNI? Like some bods playing red alert/unreal/cs thru the network, that would be so good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    WOW is there like allowed in UNI? Like some bods playing red alert/unreal/cs thru the network, that would be so good.
    why wouldn't it be allowed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Yea, there is often around 30 poeple in 1 LAN server playing unreal.
    10 Mbps lan aswell, so no lag at all. It's not allowed but everyone does it, and no-one has been told to stop!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    why wouldn't it be allowed?
    Because it uses up too much bandwidth and slows the network down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_)
    Because it uses up too much bandwidth and slows the network down
    on our network anythings allowed (except file sharing)

ReputationRep:
    I go to sleep at 9pm and wake up at 6am like clockwork. I get The Times newspaper at 7am and spend the rest of the day writing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    on our network anythings allowed (except file sharing)
    Bad luck ours allows everything inside the firewall - the dc++ server has about 2TB of films and music on it.

BTW I sleep pretty much the same amount as i did at home around 8-9 hours.

ReputationRep:
    Our DC++ has 6TB at the moment. The highest I've seen is 8TB though.

Depends on what day of the week it is as to how much sleep I get, Mondays are usually about 4 hours, as are wednesdays, tuesdays are about 12 hours, thursdays 8 hours, friday, about 12, saturday 7ish, sunday 8ish.

ReputationRep:
    Im doin A2's at moment. i try to get to bed by 12 on most weekdays and geta up at about 7:45 so i usually get around 8 hrs

i just wanted to ask ...if im doin medicine..what will my sleeping time be like then lol..is there loadsa work to do? what about freetime? how much freetime do medstudents get on average.

ReputationRep:
    I get around 6hrs sleep a day, and consider a good kip to be about 8 hrs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    Im doin A2's at moment. i try to get to bed by 12 on most weekdays and geta up at about 7:45 so i usually get around 8 hrs

i just wanted to ask ...if im doin medicine..what will my sleeping time be like then lol..is there loadsa work to do? what about freetime? how much freetime do medstudents get on average.
    Med students dont sleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Med students dont sleep.
    nooooooo...

seriously..will i have to be nerdified?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    nooooooo...

seriously..will i have to be nerdified?
    Hell no! I'm hardly miss party animal, but for sure the medics go out just as much as everyone else (and more than the compscis and mathmos etc, definitely!). Sleep occasionally has to be sacrificed, especially for all those 9am lectures :rolleyes: but it's survivable. I'd say between 5-7 hours sleep a night, and free time varies on how many essays I've got on the go.

ReputationRep:
    you get to sleep at uni.

ReputationRep:
    I dont know how anyone can sleep for more than 7 hours (unless they've been up for about 48 or something)

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.