Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have just received my standard grade results. In P.E i achieved a one in all elements and in Physics I achieved a 2 in ku and ps. I was just wondering would it be worth dropping Physics to do PE and what would be the likelihood of me passing higher Physics if I took it.

Also is PE valued by uni's to the same importance as a subject like physics. (I'm not sure what i want to do after school)

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what you want to do, it's your choice. Personally I would pick physics if you are planning to not do anything sporty at university. I found Physics Standard Grade not too hard but the Higher was quite a jump but easily still manageable if you put the effort in.

ReputationRep:
    I would say Physics would come more useful in just about anything, excluding something sports releated. Don't be put off by a 2, thats a fantastic grade. I would stick with physics if I were you.

ReputationRep:
    depends on what you would like to do at university. if you don't want to do sport science/PE then i would pick physics and work hard at it.

ReputationRep:
    I got a 2 in the Biology KU, yet I'm still truckin'. Don't be put off by the exam mark, a lot of people would have killed for a 2.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.