Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Preeeetty sure you have to tell them anyway.
    I'd tell the BF first, then the girl.

Although a real coincidence would be if your BF cheated on you with this girl.

(Original post by mel0n)
    I read the whole thread so far thinking you was a girl :indiff:

And in that case LOL I don't think either will be thrilled as you said.
    You should tell your boyfriend though It may save him the stress when he finds out from elsewhere, IF he finds out that is.
    Leaving the country sounds like the better option tbh

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    Tell the girl she turned you gay, she'll never speak a word of it out of embarrassment!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You're all *****

I didn't really do anything wrong. I had a bit of extra fun outside my relationship and neither were supposed to find out about the other...

:sad:
    Then why do you think you're in trouble if you "didn't really do anything wrong"?

Karma, my friend.

We're not trying to be nasty, but... don't expect to get away with it either. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ok,

So I cheated on my BF last year whilst at uni. I go to a uni aorund 80 miles away from home so no biggie. The two worlds would never collide together. Or so I thought...

For some reason, the girl has now moved to my home city and is working at the same shop as my bf! I almost choked when I saw her yesterday... Ran out of there as fast as possible!

Those 2 don't know each other but surely it is only a matter of time and when they add on Facebook etc.. I'm screwed!

I can almost see the funny side of it (her working in the same city in the SAME store!) BUT :o:

Boy am I in trouble!

:toofunny:

You're all *****

I didn't really do anything wrong. I had a bit of extra fun outside my relationship and neither were supposed to find out about the other...

Wow

Define wrong and perhaps you should define relationship while you're at it.

I'm not quite sure what kind of advice you're expecting.

There isn't exactly anything you can do to keep them apart because chances are, as they work in the same place they might come to know each other eventually.

ReputationRep:
    Karma's a *****. In this case, you're "karma"

Man, I love TSR.

I turn to you, in my hour of need and you just laugh at my predicament. I bet everyone on here made a mistake that they want to remain secret.

ReputationRep:
    You're all *****

I hope they find out.

ReputationRep:
    Man, I love TSR.

I turn to you, in my hour of need and you just laugh at my predicament. I bet everyone on here made a mistake that they want to remain secret.
    ...What did you expect? Rofl. We've all made mistakes, even me (although I did not try to hide them). But we're feeling sorry for your bf right now, not you. No offense.

ReputationRep:
    Man, I love TSR.

Talk to the girl and explain your situtation to her. That is, if you can be a 100 per cent sure she won't go telling your boyfriend. That way you'll at least have a chance of keeping it a secret. If you tell your boyfriend, he'll definitely get mad at you, especially when he realises that you're only telling him because of the girl workin with him.

ReputationRep:
    You should have never cheated in the first place, and if you did you should have had the decency to own up. You deserve everything you get.

Wow the view from this moral high ground is great!

ReputationRep:
    Given the fact my bf is gay, I sincerely doubt that.
    oooohh. sorry assumed you were a girl, my bad.

(Original post by cowsgoquack)
    You should have never cheated in the first place, and if you did you should have had the decency to own up. You deserve everything you get.

lol

though somewhat true

Here's the plan... (let me know what you think)

I dump the BF (bear with me) and take him off Facebook, remove all pictures/wall posts,completely cut him out of my life. I'll say its not you its me or whatver so he doesn't have to go through the pain of knowing I cheated on him (and I'm a coward)...

I get out of this city in 2 weeks. I lie low and chances are it will never come up in convo. Why would he tell a stranger about an ex bf?

ReputationRep:
    Don't you think that's being slightly over-dramatic?

(Original post by cowsgoquack)

I hope you fall from there :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, come on! Man up! Tell the bloke or if you're sly enough, tell the girl never to mention it again.

ReputationRep:
    But if they are both friends with you on facebook (which I'm assuming as you said you're screwed if they add each other) surely she has seen pictures of you with him and can see what he's wrote on your wall? So she must know what's going on. I dunno about him though unless you have pictures with the girl on there too and he can see what she has wrote on your wall.

ReputationRep:
    maybe you should have just stuck to one sex instead of being greedy?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.