Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you gave a sex buddy? Watch

• View Poll Results: Woull you have a sex buddy?
    Yes, am male
    52.74%
    No. am male
    10.27%
    Yes, am female
    23.29%
    No, am Female
    13.70%

ReputationRep:
    If my current relationship were to end anytime soon then happily, yes. Wouldn't want to be getting into anything else anytime soon after this. Probably more of a friends with benefits kind of thing, I realise this can be pretty close to being an actual relationship but I don't see any problem when niether person is tied down or wants to be. It bugs the hell out of me when people say its whorish or slutty - no, it's not. If you're safe about it and there's a mutual agreement on both sides then I don't see anything wrong with it whatsoever better than sleeping with loads of different people init.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

& I'm taking applications right now.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, people have wants and needs and it's only natural to satisfy these. As long as no one gets hurt, I don't see the problem.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and I already have a few which are working out great.

EDIT: Although, incidentally, they are probably only 'working' because one of them lives in Germany and one of them is already in an open relationship...

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to think it could work, but I couldn't see it working, simply because one would develop feelings. Anyone I know who's had a sexy buddy has walked into this issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DAFOne)
    Guys are baaaaaaad at keeping these secrets.

I know the girls that my friends have slept with over the past few years - I know that girls that they've cheated with - I know the girls that swallow, spit, take it up the 'other hole', are on the pill... you get the idea. We talk.
    Ok then I'd choose either a guy who had no friends or whose friends I didn't know/never saw.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i would, but it would all end in tears probably!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil' Flo)
    it can cause a whole load of problem if other people knew

the most obcious case would be the girl being called a slut etc.

its better that its kept between themselves
    It's only a problem if you care what other people think. If somebody criticises my sex life then I consider it their problem, not mine. They shouldn't be so nosy in the first place. Besides, from what I've seen and heard at uni, casual sex isn't that uncommon.

ReputationRep:
    Guys are baaaaaaad at keeping these secrets.

I know the girls that my friends have slept with over the past few years - I know that girls that they've cheated with - I know the girls that swallow, spit, take it up the 'other hole', are on the pill... you get the idea. We talk.
    Says a lot about you and your friends. Adults don't need to discuss their sexual 'conquests' as if they have to prove something.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh probably would if there was no chance I'd develop feelings for the guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davezk)
    I know I'm going to sound like a loser saying this but sex isn't everything. As you mature you realise sometimes something more can be better than an oscillating cycle of shagging someone then pretending not to know them.
    Seconded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x y z)
    It's only a problem if you care what other people think. If somebody criticises my sex life then I consider it their problem, not mine. They shouldn't be so nosy in the first place. Besides, from what I've seen and heard at uni, casual sex isn't that uncommon.
    well ur right

but its all about precautions - you may think you can handle the criticism, but you find you can't

if you can really ignore it, all well and good, but if not - its better kept a secret

oh, i really havent heard people's opinions/stories 'bout casual sex in uni

ReputationRep:
    I would. I'd rather he was someone that wasn't a good friend of mine or a part of my regular frienship group. Less of a chance to develop feelings and there'd be less people knowing about the whole thing.

ReputationRep:
    I'm male and I wouldn't. Sex doesn't interest me without a relationship tied to it.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it would ever be completely 'no strings attached.'

ReputationRep:
    Says a lot about you and your friends. Adults don't need to discuss their sexual 'conquests' as if they have to prove something.
    I know...

But it is so much more fun talking about sex than, say, not talking about sex.

ReputationRep:
    I have, and I realised I can't separate sex and love. So no, never again.

ReputationRep:
    I know...

But it is so much more fun talking about sex than, say, not talking about sex.
    Since when did you have to go into specifics to talk about sex.

"Yeah so last night my girlfriend swallowed" surely only would invoke the "Cool story, bro" response because lets face it - nobody cares how far your intimacy goes.

ReputationRep:
    Certainly not:

(Original post by grodecki)
    I'm male and I wouldn't. Sex doesn't interest me without a relationship tied to it.
    (Original post by RYANDENNY)
    I doubt it would ever be completely 'no strings attached.'

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm going to sound like a loser saying this but sex isn't everything. As you mature you realise sometimes something more can be better than an oscillating cycle of shagging someone then pretending not to know them.
    This doesn't make you a loser. It is also refreshing to hear this from a guy

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.