Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you gave a sex buddy? Watch

• View Poll Results: Woull you have a sex buddy?
    Yes, am male
    52.74%
    No. am male
    10.27%
    Yes, am female
    23.29%
    No, am Female
    13.70%

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Had one once who was a lot older than me. Her feelings developed and she started talking about settling down, starting a family with me and we weren't even going out with each other. Not good, especially as i specifically told her that i didnt want a relationship as i was going to uni etc etc and she agreed. In a perfect world where there was a perfect guarentee of no feelings coming about then yeah. But as it isnt a perfect world, never.

ReputationRep:
    Yes... but its not just 'sex buddies'... more like certain male friends who I often end up sharing a bed with. I dont get the whole secrecy thing though.. everyone in my social group knows whos sleeping with who and it makes things much easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil' Flo)
    well ur right

but its all about precautions - you may think you can handle the criticism, but you find you can't

if you can really ignore it, all well and good, but if not - its better kept a secret

oh, i really havent heard people's opinions/stories 'bout casual sex in uni
    I've dealt with stupid comments and stupid people my whole life so it doesn't bother me.

ReputationRep:
    "Friends with benefits" is questionable, but "best friends with benefits" would be OK.

ReputationRep:
    No, because I know myself well enough to know that I would gain feelings for that person.

ReputationRep:
    I have but wouldn't again. It was fun til it got too much for me to handle and my feelings got v strong (luckily he didn't realise I was getting hurt as I'm sure he would have broken it off, and I'm glad we didn't because we got together eventually at Christmas after 6 months of... torture.)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 5, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.