Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have been accepted into Birmingham city University and was wondering what people think of the coppice as I am staying there this september. I wanted to stay in Oscott Gardens however even after putting my name on the list since feb I have failed to get a place there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inbetweener123)
    I have been accepted into Birmingham city University and was wondering what people think of the coppice as I am staying there this september. I wanted to stay in Oscott Gardens however even after putting my name on the list since feb I have failed to get a place there.
    Two different Unis as this is the University of Birmingham thread so you may not get many replys.

ReputationRep:
    can someone please reply?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    can someone please reply?

thanks
    As already said try using the right forum???
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=168

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jk1986)
    As already said try using the right forum???
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=168
    this thread was orignally posted in the student accommodation part of the forums but has been moved to the wrong place?

so what can i do?

ReputationRep:
    this thread was orignally posted in the student accommodation part of the forums but has been moved to the wrong place?

so what can i do?
    I'd suggest you start a new thread in the right forum...

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys, I'd like to make you all aware of what goes on at The Coppice.

There is an infestation of mice at The Coppice, Perry Barr and the Accommodation Services lack of care and professionalism to deal with the Issue. BCU, is a great place to study but in terms of living the Accommodation here is appalling especially for £87 per week. Chestnut House, Yew House, Sycamore House and Beech House are all Infested and the mouse sightings have all been reported, a letter of complaint has been written but nobody is doing anything to tackle the issue, mice spread diseases and give birth in 3 weeks, we currently have a family in our kitchen.

In Beech House a month ago my friend found a family of three mice in her kitchen, Accommodation put bait down but 2 days ago she saw the mice again! Proving the bait is ineffective. When they arrived there was also mouldy food in the freezer which had not yet been removed from last year's students.

Chestnut house, there is a family of mice, 3 of us always hear tapping at night, the mice moving around its a nuisance! Tonight I saw a baby mouse run underneath our microwave which urged me even further to write this review. The flat beneath us had a mouse and trapped it in the bathroom they rang accommodation who took 4 DAYS to move the mouse from the bathroom, when they arrived the mouse was gone. In the meantime 6 of them had to share one bathroom.

We have seen the mice come through the skirting boards in the kitchen which is broken, and was when we moved in. We had to stick a milk bottle cap in to prevent it. The back of our cupboards are broken and this is where the mice run.

MICE TAKE 3 WEEKS TO GIVE BIRTH AND ARE SEXUALLY ACTIVE FROM 6 WEEKS!!
    This was made clear to accommodation who have still not tackled the situation!
    I would not advise any body to live here. It looks nice and the accommodation is fairly standard and its close to the campus but they do not help you at all when you have a problem. Our Accommodation officer just laughed at us when we reported it.

When my friend moved in to Yew house there was a mouse there on the same day, they contacted accommodation who took 2 WEEKS to come they then put down bait, and allowed the mouse to die and still have not been back to remove the dead mouse. THIS WAS 7 WEEKS AGO.

Iv'e also saw rats on campus at Oscott Gardens.

DONT LIVE HERE!!
    If your going to live in University Accommodation DO NOT COME HERE.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Birmingham
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.