Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I've got a secondment to be an Assistant Private Secretary in the private office of one of the Treasury Ministers. Does anyone know of anything I can read or have any advice on how to be a good APS?

    I've never worked in the civil service before, though the FSA is very similar in many ways to the civil service (as members of my team who've worked as economic advisers in various departments have commented). I want to make sure I hit the ground running so anything that helps get me up to speed would be greatly appreciated.

    Phone up the private office of the minister concerned and ask.

    Also, get yourself along to http://www.nationalschool.gov.uk/pro...e.asp?code=po1 asap - HMT should cover the costs


students online now


Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.