Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

US shooter yesterday kept an online journal. Do you want to read i? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty depressing stuff and quite disturbing. Caution before reading.

http://georgesodini.com/20090804.htm

ReputationRep:
    Edit: I guess it just been busy, took nearly a whole minute to load.

ReputationRep:
    link does not work

ReputationRep:
    I think the police have got hold of it and taken it down

ReputationRep:
    Works for me fine

ReputationRep:
    works now

ReputationRep:
    Use Google cache if it's slow.

http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cache...ient=firefox-a

ReputationRep:
    Wow, a surprising much of the posts are extraordinarily normal. I genuinely like the part where he make notes of people, save the first one:

Tetelestai Church in Pittsburgh, PA - "Be Ye Holy, even as I have been Ye holy! Thus saith the lord thy God!", as pastor Rick Knapp would proclaim. Holy ****, religion is a waste. But this guy teaches (and convinced me) you can commit mass murder then still go to heaven. Ask him. Call him at (724) 325-2655. If no answer there, he should still live at 439 9th Street, Oakmont, PA 15139. In any case, guilt and fear kept me there 13 long years until Nov 2006. I think his crap did the most damage. Their web site: http://www.tetelestai.org.

ReputationRep:
    works for me

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Forgive my ignorance, but I dont recall hearing about any shooting yesterday in America. Maybe I missed it on the news/web. However, that blog was very interesting thanks for posting.

EDIT: Just found it on the BBC news website and now Sky news.

ReputationRep:
    I think the scariest part is how most will be able to relate to almost every word he said, yet would never imagine themselves fed up to the point of killing people. But what I don't understand is why he felt killing others was a solution, why not just kill himself? Was it to get attention towards this diary?

ReputationRep:
    Wow. That's ... sad. It's kind of like a text book case, though. Weird how that woman at the picnic asked him if he'd been bullied at school & he didn't want to take in any positive thoughts or attitudes. I think he just became infatuated with wanting to do something and going through with it, rather than just wanting to die. Power and control. "Unfortunately I talked to my neighbor today, who is very positive and upbeat. I need to remain focused and absorbed COMPLETELY".

ReputationRep:
    would you know it he believed in god.
    hmmm...
    reading it though has made me sad. He sounds so normal in most of the posts. If only someone had talked to him or invited him out he may not have done it.
    Shame.

ReputationRep:
    nah cba

ReputationRep:
    Textbook case of someone who could've been helped, but who was hindered instead.

"Pastor Rick Knapp [...] teaches (and convinced me) you can commit mass murder then still go to heaven."

ReputationRep:
    Well, that was an astoundingly intimate self-portrait.

ReputationRep:
    He said the word "guestimate" :sad:. And he has put addresses on the internet :zomg: idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have a link to the crime this man committed? What a fantastically insightful read though!

ReputationRep:
    wow...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.