Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am in two minds about this dress, I love the colour and shape but don't know if spend my hard earned pennies on it

Next Dress

I thought it would look funky with black tights.. Any comments/feedback?

ReputationRep:
    It's only £25...why the dilemma?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadie-kiki)
    It's only £25...why the dilemma?
    With the sales I could get 2 dresses or 2 skirts... Money is tight saving up for uni...

ReputationRep:
    just buy the dress - if you like it you may as well. It's only like half a day's wages or whatever - you can treat yourself once in a while!

ReputationRep:
    Think it should be worn as is or accessorised? If so any suggestions? As I said I like the idea of black tights with it, not sure about shoes though.

ReputationRep:
    I like it and remember you can always buy it and take it back but if you wait it might be gone in your size.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HappyHoward)
    Think it should be worn as is or accessorised? If so any suggestions? As I said I like the idea of black tights with it, not sure about shoes though.

You can wear any black shoes with it. Or black boots, provided it doesn't come to low.

ReputationRep:
    Black tights and purple heels? That would work

ReputationRep:
    From the measurements it will roughly come below my knees in length, although going to pop into Next later today and buy it

Might post a shot of it later to see if people actually think it's suitable :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    If you not sure, think about whether you have the right shoes for it as well. Purple can be a bit tricky.

I think it's really nice and it's worth its price, but think about whether or not your going to have to spend money on new shoes to go with it as well.

I did the same thing... bought a lovely purple print dress and later realised I had no shoes for it.

ReputationRep:
    I like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myheadsbeenspinning)
    If you not sure, think about whether you have the right shoes for it as well. Purple can be a bit tricky.

I think it's really nice and it's worth its price, but think about whether or not your going to have to spend money on new shoes to go with it as well.

I did the same thing... bought a lovely purple print dress and later realised I had no shoes for it.
    I have a pair of chunky purple heels, maybe they will go with the dress Quite a big heel so only good where lots of sitting is in order

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadie-kiki)
    Black tights and purple heels? That would work
    This!!! I was thinking the same thing...great minds think alike

ReputationRep:
    I don't really like it, seems a bit shapeless and sack-like to me. But if you like it, then go for it OP!

ReputationRep:
    I like it, but with my lack of womanly shape I would never buy it myself! It would look stupid going straight down, like a nicely patterned sackcloth!
    I think £25 is a very good price for a nice dress that you can wear often. Black tights with purple heels like someone said would look good. A simple, bold purple or black necklace and some purple, black or even gold bangles would look nice I think.

ReputationRep:
    Here is a picture of the dress on, some reason I am struggling to take a good picture. I think the 'sack' comments may be right

Here is the Purple Dress and the shoes to wear with the black tights are shoes.

Feedback/comments welcome.

Have you just gone to town and got the dress then??? . . .

Hmmmm IMO not a good dress - very shapeless like someone previously said before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Have you just gone to town and got the dress then??? . . .

Hmmmm IMO not a good dress - very shapeless like someone previously said before.
    I thought I would give it a go It looks pretty and feels slinky but it is very unflattering and I am not big busted so makes me look really flat.... I think it may have to go back?

(Original post by HappyHoward)
    I thought I would give it a go It looks pretty and feels slinky but it is very unflattering and I am not big busted so makes me look really flat.... I think it may have to go back?
    Yea its not v flattering at all - kinda reminds me of a pregnancy smock as well.

I'd take it back - And find something that does compliment your figure OR you could try a black waist belt??? . .:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Black waist belt?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.