Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Quick question, I am having a wardrobe tidy, keep or go? Skirt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HappyHoward)
    I am in two minds about this dress, I love the colour and shape but don't know if spend my hard earned pennies on it

Next Dress

I thought it would look funky with black tights.. Any comments/feedback?
    buy it if you really like it and yeah wear it with black tights however you could get away with not wearing tights

ReputationRep:
    You could dress it up and down. So, it's kinda saving you some £££'s in that respect.

ReputationRep:
    Don't really like it in the original pic or on tbh, I think you could get a lot more flattering dresses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh_adele)
    You could dress it up and down. So, it's kinda saving you some £££'s in that respect.
    Here is dress with black belt, I seems to make a difference? Do people think? Other minor change was a more supportive bra... :|

ReputationRep:
    Here is dress with black belt, I seems to make a difference? Do people think? Other minor change was a more supportive bra... :|
    I think it looks nice like that, maybe a thicker belt would make more of a statement. You could dress it up with one of those bib necklaces, or down with an oversized cardigan, ripped jeans and flats (if you're tall enough)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh_adele)
    I think it looks nice like that, maybe a thicker belt would make more of a statement. You could dress it up with one of those bib necklaces, or down with an oversized cardigan, ripped jeans and flats (if you're tall enough)
    Dressed Down like that?

ReputationRep:
    The belt needs to be chunkier to compliment your waist properly. Don't like it at all with the jeans- too masculine.

ReputationRep:
    Quick question, I am having a wardrobe tidy, keep or go? Skirt
    Go, I think.

(Original post by Atrixa)
    The belt needs to be chunkier to compliment your waist properly. Don't like it at all with the jeans- too masculine.
    I think the OP is a man - if I correctly remember from a thread posted agessss ago!!!

If not then I apologise OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    I think the OP is a man - if I correctly remember from a thread posted agessss ago!!!

If not then I apologise OP.
    :no: Was, now what seems a long time ago... actually is now.

:no: Was, now what seems a long time ago... actually is now.
    Yea I meant to say that you were transitioning . ., but I get what you mean and have nothing against you at all.

ReputationRep:
    Huh? I'm confused now...

Huh? I'm confused now...
    The OP is a man but is transitioning to a female.

ReputationRep:
    Yea I meant to say that you were transitioning . ., but I get what you mean and have nothing against you at all.
    I guessed nothing was meant, might explain why I am making silly mistakes with clothes choices.... But TSR is home of fashion gurus

ReputationRep:
    The OP is a man but is transitioning to a female.
    Ah! I'd still ditch those jeans, though. Maybe go for skinny jeans or tights. Or leggings.

I guessed nothing was meant, might explain why I am making silly mistakes with clothes choices.... But TSR is home of fashion gurus
    Awww don't worry - you'll get better at it. You're not the only one who has if's and but's about clothes, we all do.

Ah! I'd still ditch those jeans, though. Maybe go for skinny jeans or tights. Or leggings.
    Glad it makes sense lol

Yea defo ditching of the jeans is a must - leggings, tights is prob. better.

ReputationRep:
    I am in two minds about this dress, I love the colour and shape but don't know if spend my hard earned pennies on it

Next Dress

I thought it would look funky with black tights.. Any comments/feedback?
    £25? Hard earned pennies. Jeez, your pay must be ***** :p:

Love it btw, want to be it now...

ReputationRep:
    Glad it makes sense lol

Yea defo ditching of the jeans is a must - leggings, tights is prob. better.
    In the original pictures I was wearing the dress with 60 denier tights, seems like thats the way to go.... Vickyy your belt idea was great! It has acted to move the dress away from tent :o:

Not that it shows in the picture, but the bra really shows under the dress, which is naff.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.