Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, ive sorted my place for John Foster for next year (Desford hall anyone?) just thought id start a thread for any other people going in September and staying in JoFo as well...

also just wondering if anyone knows if we need to take our own towels and pillows, bedsheets etc. because I know in premium + (which ive chosen) we get our sheets changed for us, but do we have to supply them originally? just dont want to turn up and have to sleep on a mattress with nothing else haha

cheers x

ReputationRep:
    hi i stayed in jofo last year. i loved it so much i'm staying there again this year. you need your own towels as they arent provided but you dont necessary need bedding as it is all provided for and is changed every two weeks. this is only if your catered but i assume you are because as far as i know, desford isnt a catered block.

hope this helps x

ReputationRep:
    Oi! :P

As a Desford resident last year (Ah, flat 1, room B, good memories *sigh*), let me just say it was catered, and thus presumably still is...

Erm, lemme think. Bedding was provided. Towels not. In the kitchen there's a kettle provided, and an oven tray, if you're lucky you might get a toaster (girls on the top floor had one that kept catching fire, so you might want to bring one anyway).

That's pretty much what I can remember, if you have more specific questions post here or PM me (I'll get back to you EVENTUALLY) and should remember.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXx Eloise xXx)
    hi i stayed in jofo last year. i loved it so much i'm staying there again this year. you need your own towels as they arent provided but you dont necessary need bedding as it is all provided for and is changed every two weeks. this is only if your catered but i assume you are because as far as i know, desford isnt a catered block.

hope this helps x
    Can I just ask what your predicted grades were, and what you got for Law at Leicester?! Results day is getting scarily close and I'm SO scared I'm not gonna get in :o:

ReputationRep:
    What the hell, Ive also applied for accomodation but Ive heard nothing about it! I thought we'd have to wait till results day or something? Ive also applied to John Foster for a self catered standard single room! I dont think they have many of those so Im worried now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Hox)
    What the hell, Ive also applied for accomodation but Ive heard nothing about it! I thought we'd have to wait till results day or something? Ive also applied to John Foster for a self catered standard single room! I dont think they have many of those so Im worried now!
    Only people who have unconditional offers should have actually been allocated accommodation. If you have a conditional offer, it should be after results day that youre allocated a room

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosieee91)
    Can I just ask what your predicted grades were, and what you got for Law at Leicester?! Results day is getting scarily close and I'm SO scared I'm not gonna get in :o:
    My predicted grades weret AABC, they were rather generous predictions from a few of my teachersm ended up with AABB i think.

Law went up to AAA this year, from AAB, generally i got the feeling Leciester are one of the more flexible unis, they will probably bend to AAB but below that Its gonna depend on numbers, subjects etc.

Good luck, its a nice place to study.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToxicMuppet)
    My predicted grades weret AABC, they were rather generous predictions from a few of my teachersm ended up with AABB i think.

Law went up to AAA this year, from AAB, generally i got the feeling Leciester are one of the more flexible unis, they will probably bend to AAB but below that Its gonna depend on numbers, subjects etc.

Good luck, its a nice place to study.
    Ahh thanks...hopefully I'll get AAB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosieee91)
    Ahh thanks...hopefully I'll get AAB.
    TBH i would think you would have a pretty good chance with those. People got in last year with BBB i think.

ReputationRep:
    TBH i would think you would have a pretty good chance with those. People got in last year with BBB i think.
    That's quite reassuring! It's just scary solely relying on Leicester being lenient. I'm definitely not getting 3 A's so it'll either be AAB or ABB, depending on how I did in one of my subjects. The wait is killing me! :p:

ReputationRep:
    So leicester is your insurance? Whats your firm?

ReputationRep:
    So leicester is your insurance? Whats your firm?
    Nope Leicester is my firm.

ReputationRep:
    Quick question about the internet connections in the rooms. Are they wireless or do you connect via a cable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    Quick question about the internet connections in the rooms. Are they wireless or do you connect via a cable?
    You connect via an ethernet cable which you can buy from your halls when you move in or before hand. Last year they were £5 to buy on moving in day at halls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L3ann3)
    You connect via an ethernet cable which you can buy from your halls when you move in or before hand. Last year they were £5 to buy on moving in day at halls
    Okay. Thanks! :grin:

ReputationRep:
    any partiesss before school starts? or does anyone wanna have one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravi562)
    any partiesss before school starts? or does anyone wanna have one
    There is freshers fortnight. Its 2 weeks of events, parties, club nights, bar crawls etc organised mostly by the University, but also by clubs and bars in the City, as well as the halls JCR themselves.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.