Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    im wondering if id be able to go on the train, bear in mind i might have someone else to carry stuff for me too.
    just wondering, how much stuff did you take?

would a big backpack and a suitcase be enough? it has to fit in all the kitchen crap too.

but im not someone who takes loads of stuff i dont need and i dont live that far away from the uni so i could take more stuff down another time

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=985924
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I took multiple suitcases to uni I have a lot of books. I also have a lot of random crap that I decorated my room with. Plus kitchen stuff. So it was all completely necessary stuff... :ninja:

If you lived further away and couldn't get more stuff easily I'd say taking that amount on a train wouldn't be enough. Since you say you can get more stuff later on, it might be alright

ReputationRep:
    One fully loaded camel

ReputationRep:
    A carful! And I didn't take lots of random stuff either (though I did take loads of books). If you live nearby though then I'd say going by train might well be ok, given that you can always go back for more.

desktop PC + accessories, 2 suitcases, guitar, box with kitchen stuff, 2 suits, and another 2 bags of I dont really know what lol :rolleyes: (although not a single textbook hmmmm - yeah uni's fun :cool: )

= filled boot of car + filled 3 seats at the back :yes:

so yeah, massive thnx to ma rents + their vehicle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boredyay)
    im wondering if id be able to go on the train, bear in mind i might have someone else to carry stuff for me too.

would a big backpack and a suitcase be enough? it has to fit in all the kitchen crap too.

but im not someone who takes loads of stuff i dont need and i dont live that far away from the uni so i could take more stuff down another time
    It may be not be the easiest option going by train, but it's perfectly possible I'm sure! One of my friends from uni (going to be a flat-mate next year) came from Cornwall to St Andrews by train with her stuff, on her own I think! Couldn't come much further really within the UK! Like if you get to uni and you realise you've forgotten something vital, as you say you're not too far from home, or you could buy it from wherever you're going to be living I'm sure! Clothes and laptop etc are the most important things obv, and you won't have textbooks to worry about yet probs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boredyay)

take the essentials, make a list and return for more.. but as u say u dnt live that far away from uni how far roughly? because travelling on different trains can be hard with all ur essentials

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.