Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Car has just been whacked into Watch

ReputationRep:
    :mad: My Car has just been knocked into.

I was driving along a narrow Lane going very slowly - Suddenly a car swung around a bend going soooo fast & in the middle of the Lane. They whacked the side of my car. There was a almighty bang & my Wing Mirror was knocked right off ! It's now in pieces & the Glass is completely shattered

I stopped straight away, but the other driver didn't stop And i didn't manage to get his Number Plate.

So ****** off with him. Why the hell didn't he stop :mad:

Plus i had my Window open & now have shards of glass everywhere

ReputationRep:
    are you ACTUALLY asking why he didn't stop ? .....

ReputationRep:
    He didn't want to pay.

ReputationRep:
    Will the Insurance pay for it ?

Lol he has just whacked into you and he can't defend what happened so its going to cost him so if I were him I would take the chance of trying to escape to avoid payments too.

ReputationRep:
    for a wing mirror ?! are you serious ??

how much is your excess ?

you can get a wing mirror from a scrappy for a fiver.

ReputationRep:
    Most likely he didn't have insurance... quite common actually, a few of my friends have had this same problem, people just won't stop.

But he has comitted a hit and run offence, worth checking to see if there is any CCTV that could have spotted him, otherwise you just have to put it down to experience I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isabella)
    :mad: My Car has just been knocked into.

I was driving along a narrow Lane going very slowly - Suddenly a car swung around a bend going soooo fast & in the middle of the Lane. They whacked the side of my car. There was a almighty bang & my Wing Mirror was knocked right off ! It's now in pieces & the Glass is completely shattered

I stopped straight away, but the other driver didn't stop And i didn't manage to get his Number Plate.

So ****** off with him. Why the hell didn't he stop :mad:

Plus i had my Window open & now have shards of glass everywhere
    Obviously because he was in the wring and didn't want to pay. Is it your first crash? Mine was terrifying and it was only a bump, A Learner driver hit me! :mad:

(Original post by never killed a man)
    for a wing mirror ?! are you serious ??

how much is your excess ?

you can get a wing mirror from a scrappy for a fiver.
    I have an old Polo, no power steering/leci windows! but i have Electric Coloured Mirrors! it's the most expensive thing on the damn thing lol :mad:

I think it's more nerves, it's horrible when something like that happens to you.

ReputationRep:
    Go to the Police. Did you at least get a description of the car?

Did he dent the side of your car too? I wouldn't hold your breath...

ReputationRep:
    Shoulda sped after him tbh

ReputationRep:
    seems like you car just got raped:yes:

ReputationRep:
    lol he didnt stop because he didnt want to pay! And luckily for him you didnt even catch his number plate, so the chances of him being caught are highly unlikely, if it is only a wingmirror thats nothing! Although it will cost a few hundred to replace if its electric

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy_Moo129)
    Obviously because he was in the wring and didn't want to pay. Is it your first crash? Mine was terrifying and it was only a bump, A Learner driver hit me! :mad:

I have an old Polo, no power steering/leci windows! but i have Electric Coloured Mirrors! it's the most expensive thing on the damn thing lol :mad:

I think it's more nerves, it's horrible when something like that happens to you.
    Yeah my first Crash. Didn't have time to get any deails about his car - By the time i'd stopped he's disappeared off. I only know it was a dark blue car & the man was wearing a Suite (that's how close he was to me !!)

ReputationRep:
    At least report it to the police, was there anyone else in the car/who stopped to help you who could have been a witness?

If you have fully comprehensive insurance then the insurance company should pay out but it will most likely affect your premium. Unfortunately you will probably end up footing the bill in some way.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately not a lot you can do.
    I wouldnt claim on your insurance because your excess will probs be more than it'll cost, then your premium will also go up next year.
    Go to the scrappy, im sure you'll be able to get one with the electrics and get someone to fit it.
    Id offer to fit it for you but I'm probably no where near you.

ReputationRep:
    I've an excess of £400. Anyway i'm off to South Africa tomorrow for 2 weeks - so can't do anything about it until i return

ReputationRep:
    Go To The Local Police And Give Them A Description, I Am Pretty Sure His Car Will Have Some Damage To It So If He Lives Locally He Would Be pretty Easy To Find.

ReputationRep:
    Not worth claiming on your insurance, I replaced an electric heated mirror on a newish Mazda 6 for about £70, so it really won't cost you that much. Is it only the mirror that is damaged though?

Maybe worth reporting it to the police but unlikely they will do anything.

ReputationRep:
    Wish i could wear a suite

ReputationRep:
    Accept that these things happen and get it fixed for about £20? Not much point dealing with the police, they wont do anything.

The offence (if you will) is so minor and hard to prove that any attempts to find the other driver will be a waste of police time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.