x Turn on thread page Beta

My Car has just been whacked into watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisLincoln)
    Wish i could wear a suite
    :hahaha:

ReputationRep:
    exactly teh samw thing happened to me today but it was a guy i know and he did stop...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rian1988)
    Not worth claiming on your insurance, I replaced an electric heated mirror on a newish Mazda 6 for about £70, so it really won't cost you that much. Is it only the mirror that is damaged though?

Maybe worth reporting it to the police but unlikely they will do anything.
    Agreed, definately don't tell the insurance company, take it to a garage and see how much they'll charge. If you claim on the insurance then you'll probably have to pay most if not all yourself because of the excess and your premiums will def go up so doubt that's the best option.

Sucks about the other driver, I hate uninsured people especially those that clearly can't drive like this dude.

ReputationRep:
    Knocking off your wingmirror does not constitute "whacking into the side of your car".

ReputationRep:
    Call your local Police station.

ReputationRep:
    I feel really sorry for you Hunt that ******* down and make him pay for everything!
    OK, on a more serious note, as others have said, just get it fixed yourself, going through your insurance will be too costly. Sorry to hear that though, just a bit of bad luck

ReputationRep:
    it's a wingmirror. legally, you only need to have 2 to pass the MoT, so you still have your passenger side one and your internal one - sorted.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.