(Original post by Laura_f_1990)
    :yep:

Pfft/ I'll leave you stranded in the bus station then :P
    I love you really

ReputationRep:
    haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatone)
    What I've seen of Aberdeen was really nice. And doesn't it snow in the winter? I like the snow.
    its snows in MARCH usually.

gotta love the 'deen

ReputationRep:
    The weather must get extremely cold?

ReputationRep:
    naw,it's just a bit mental.
    i like the weather.
    it can get quite cold but never TOO cold.
    it can get hot but never TOO hot.
    and there will always be at least three amazing snow days each year

ReputationRep:
    We had hailstones yesterday, I believe.

ReputationRep:
    The weather must get extremely cold?

ReputationRep:
    Can't really speak for Aberdeen but further down the east coast it can get a bit chilly but it's not been seriously cold or snowy for some years now. Like someone said the really cold months seem to be around March.

ReputationRep:
    Aberdeen tends to have the worst snow in odd months such as Oct/Nov and Feb/March. But you also have odd dustings throughout winter.

ReputationRep:
    The snow is epic.

This is walking up Old Aberdeen high street, Crombie halls are on the right of the shot, up this hill is heading towards town, the number 20 comes up and down here.

This is King St below, the main street coming in to Aberdeen from the North (ish), the Bobbin/Tesco Express is up ahead, then Uni further down about half a mile.

ReputationRep:
    The snow is a dilemma by the way, do you take a coat out with you and have to carry it around, or freeze your self walking between clubs/waiting for a taxi...haha the number of times I have come home and been really shivering...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dd1989)
    The snow is a dilemma by the way, do you take a coat out with you and have to carry it around, or freeze your self walking between clubs/waiting for a taxi...haha the number of times I have come home and been really shivering...
    Ah see that is a problem I have solved... wear layers under a long sleeve tee, that way you buffer yourself from the cold while not having to lug a jacket around a bar/club.

Got to be honest, I have missed decent snow fall over the last few years (although I was dead chuffed when it snowed at the start of February in Dundee earlier this year)

ReputationRep:
    We get quite a lot of sunshine during the winter months, it's a little odd. But in my opinion, cold, dry and sunny is a really pleasant combination.

I have one of those raincoats that ends at your knee, so I'll look a little odd clubbing in that sort of thing (not like clubbing is my thing anyway).

TOP TIP - Definitely bring gloves and a wooly hat though. I can see a fair few snowball fights breaking out over Hillhead.

ReputationRep:
    In terms of applications to the university do courses remian quite empty?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jstar357)
    In terms of applications to the university do courses remian quite empty?
    Take a look for yourself- http://www.abdn.ac.uk/clearing/courses/

Lots of spaces left although, little to no accommodation currently available.

ReputationRep:
    so what about Students from England, where are they meant to get accommodation from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dd1989)
    I'm amused that an Aberdonian would never even consider the possibility of putting it in a cloakroom. You tight northern buggers.

(Original post by jstar357)
    so what about Students from England, where are they meant to get accommodation from?
    As far as I was aware, Aberdeen guaranteed all first years accommodation. As in, if you haven't got any then they'll put you in a hotel or whatever until someone drops out of the residences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L i b)
    I'm amused that an Aberdonian would never even consider the possibility of putting it in a cloakroom. You tight northern buggers.
    There's that and the fact that the Q for the cloak room at liquid is somewhere you don't want to be when the night ends. I'd much rather be heading for a taxi or heading to a chippy :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
    There's that and the fact that the Q for the cloak room at liquid is somewhere you don't want to be when the night ends. I'd much rather be heading for a taxi or heading to a chippy :coma:
    :ditto:

Or you leave half an hour early.. get your coat, miss the queue for the chippy AND get a taxi no prob

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.