6'3"
    7.81%
    6'4"
    4.50%
    Above 6'4"
    2.70%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lm_wfc)
    Pfff, i thought 6'1 was god, but now i look at the height and see and inbetween.

depressing.
    Could be worse fella!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    Could be worse fella!
    It's the end of the world.
    I'm gonna round my hight down to 6'0 now :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Be better to round up to 6' 2", nobody can tell anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    Be better to round up to 6' 2", nobody can tell anyway.
    Wear heels?

ReputationRep:
    Science has shown it is 5'8''. And by "science" I mean "measurement of my height".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    Science has shown it is 5'8''. And by "science" I mean "measurement of my height".
    Sorry pal you're rubbish to cuddle and are not masculine.

ReputationRep:
    Wear heels?
    Just say you're 6' 2" and they'll immediately think, "Wow! He's the perfect height for the TSR female populace! MUST BONE".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    Sorry pal you're rubbish to cuddle and are not masculine.
    Painful revelations there.

ReputationRep:
    Anywhere between 5'10" and 6'2" for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irrelevance)
    I don't get how 6' and 6' 2" is more popular than 6' 1".
    Me neither

ReputationRep:
    Between 6ft and 6ft5 really. I like tall men. Would accept over 5ft 10 in cases of them having an exceptional personality. Less than that is just a no-go I'm afraid

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm about 5'11, so I like guys who are taller than that, and if they're taller than me in heels (I love high heeled shoes) then I am definitely onto a winner :love:

That said, I could go out with a shorter guy (I think 5'8 would be my limit though), I just prefer taller ones

ReputationRep:
    6'2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    Painful revelations there.
    I know underneath that sarcasm your heart is drowning in darkness with tears shed from the dark cloud of cold truth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    Me neither
    Oh, wait. Figured it out - peer pressure. Obviously if they voted one of the less popular options, they'd be classed as uncool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James')
    Basically, a girl will most commonly want a guy to be the same height or taller than herself.

Therefore, a girl of 5'3" would probably be happy with a guy from 5'4" - 5'10". Whereas a girl who is 5'11" would probably want a guy no less than 6ft.

That's quite a generalisation, but rarely do I see a girl being taller than the guy.

No not really, short girls tend to like really tall guys. Tall girls generally prefer guys to be a bit taller than them. So 5'4" guys don't really come into the equation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weet_ABI_x)
    Between 6ft and 6ft5 really. I like tall men. Would accept over 5ft 10 in cases of them having an exceptional personality. Less than that is just a no-go I'm afraid
    I maintain my sentiment. It could always be worse!

ReputationRep:
    I get the feeling all the short guys have voted for the lower options to boost their ego and make them feel better about themselves :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    I know underneath that sarcasm your heart is drowning in darkness with tears shed from the dark cloud of cold truth.

Sometimes my height makes me want to end myself.

ReputationRep:
    Theres an issue that I don't think has been touched on in the thread, which rings true for me and speaking to friends.

I'm tall and find it difficult talking to shorter women, it can be difficult especially if your in a club/party, not just physically which hard enough, you can easily come across as intimidating when you really don't intend to be. Your constantly having to be aware of your space. It's not as great at the top as it's been presented here, there plenty of advantages to being shorter-somewhere in the average range.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 21, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.