Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Holidays turning me into a sack of **** Watch

Keep Anon or Delete

Ever since the start of the holidays I have no idea what's happened to me. I suppose its normal to turn into a zombie sleeping/waking late and generally lounging around but for some reason I'm taking it to the extreme.

I had so much planned to do over the summer (get a job learn to drive join a few clubs) and so far I've managed to do nothing. I don't know why but I just feel really lethargic. I try as hard as i can but I cannot seem to drag myself out of bed in the mornings. My usual start to the day is at around 2pm and from there I just while away the hours in the house until around 2 in the morning when i go back to sleep. Its been like this for a month or so.

I don't know if I'm lacking motivation or if there is something wrong with me.
    Any advice would be great to beat this "holiday induced zombie-itus".

ReputationRep:
    sounds like my days I'd say about 3 out of 7 days are like this for me, its unbelievably boring

ReputationRep:
    maybe you're dying ?

ReputationRep:
    Your lacking motivation. Obviously your summer plans are not exciting enough a prospect to give you the motivation to do them. Think of what you really want to do this summer.. and start planning that!

holidays dont matter to me, my lifes a holiday, har har.. but ive been spending time at my parents house which has been making me feel exactly the same. I realised that what i really wanted to do was to go to the Isle of White.. so i booked tickets to friday and now im happy happy and have the motivation to make the most of tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    I too have had a fair share of "duvet days" but the Summer is far from over. Set your alarm, set two if need be, get your arse out of bed early, and get out there! Even if you have to force yourself to, just think this could be the best summer ever, or the most boring. Keep looking for a job, you could even nab a term-time one. Sign up for language classes, start learning an instrument, meet up with your friends, go on day trips, nights out, become an expert in a chosen field - head to the library! Do whatever you want, just make a list and promise yourself that you will at least start all of these things. Changing your diet may also help, drink lots of water, eat healthily and exercise - trying to have a positive attitude will also give you bundles of energy

Then report back on TSR!

ReputationRep:
    I used to be like this, until I FORCED myself to get out of bed at 8.30 (which really isn't even that early). You'll have so much time on your hands that you'll automatically start doing things, and you'll be tired at 12 (when there's nothing else to do than being lazy). Perhaps try that?

ReputationRep:
    Have a day doing stuff and then a day not. After you've got into the habit of going out like swimming, running, looking for a job eventually you'll want to do it everyday.

Arrange to do stuff with friends in the morning, that way you'll have to get up at a decent time.

ReputationRep:
    no you're not a zombie because the t-virus re-animates you and you don't sound very animated to me. More like the opposite. Maybe you have swine flu?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mamooshka)
    I too have had a fair share of "duvet days" but the Summer is far from over. Set your alarm, set two if need be, get your arse out of bed early, and get out there! Even if you have to force yourself to, just think this could be the best summer ever, or the most boring. Keep looking for a job, you could even nab a term-time one. Sign up for language classes, start learning an instrument, meet up with your friends, go on day trips, nights out, become an expert in a chosen field - head to the library! Do whatever you want, just make a list and promise yourself that you will at least start all of these things. Changing your diet may also help, drink lots of water, eat healthily and exercise - trying to have a positive attitude will also give you bundles of energy

Then report back on TSR!
    this

ReputationRep:
    I dont know if your a teenager like me but an astonishingly large percentage of teenagers go through phases of extreme lazyness and lethargy like this. Sometimes it can destroy exam hopes, physical and mental stability and induce depression etc... Your best bet is to take some strong isotonic juice like red bull or do anything else that will push your confidence to do what you want to do. I managed to do it by selling all my Xbox 360 games and disposing of stuff that i am likely to waste time doing etc... drawing insulting religious images, wasting time overrevising my GCSE war poetry and limiting my time on the internet.

I would go as far as saying that it really isnt a huge problem if this is happening in your teenage years, 13-18 but really you should be able to start living your life how you like to and snap out of this lazy phase by the age of 16+.
    peace

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean. I go to bed late, get up late and spend most of my time on the computer. I could read a book or go out but I just can't be bothered. One thing I have been doing though is jogging every day and I seem to enjoy it.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds about norm to me!

ReputationRep:
    get a job. i would so be doing this lazy thing without my job. preferably a boring one, then you feel compelled to make the most of your weekends/days off as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Keep Anon or Delete

Ever since the start of the holidays I have no idea what's happened to me. I suppose its normal to turn into a zombie sleeping/waking late and generally lounging around but for some reason I'm taking it to the extreme.

I had so much planned to do over the summer (get a job learn to drive join a few clubs) and so far I've managed to do nothing. I don't know why but I just feel really lethargic. I try as hard as i can but I cannot seem to drag myself out of bed in the mornings. My usual start to the day is at around 2pm and from there I just while away the hours in the house until around 2 in the morning when i go back to sleep. Its been like this for a month or so.

I don't know if I'm lacking motivation or if there is something wrong with me.
    Any advice would be great to beat this "holiday induced zombie-itus".
    I'm exactly the same; I just woke up today at 4pm. :woo:

Don't know what to suggest really; start writing a book? Like most have said, you just need a project to focus yourself on over the holidays.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds familiar. I keep thinking I ought to go exercise, but the lethargy thats been induced by my current lifestyle means I have no energy to exercise. Its a downwards spiral into indifference and obesity, I fear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x y z)
    One thing I have been doing though is jogging every day and I seem to enjoy it.
    People enjoy jogging? I always thought people did it because they were unaware of HIIT, or any sport that isn't mind-numbingly repetitive.

ReputationRep:
    Decide to go job hunting one day. Make a CV print it off and go round shops/cafes. This will get you out of bed and you'll feel better for doing something and at least trying to find a job even if you're unsuccseful.
    If you've got enough money to get driving lessons then organise some because again you'll be doing something. If you try and get them in the morning you will have a good start to the day and won't want to spend the rest of the day doing nothing.
    Have you got friends? You should organise to do something with them.
    Don't waste your summer holidays!

ReputationRep:
    Story of my life

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly what you mean. I have done this too much through this holiday and I blame it all on TSR :yep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.