Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone bought the argos pro power weight plates, i have a multi purpose bench and need toknow how thin they are? If anyone has them, how thin are the 10kg discs and 5kg discs?

ReputationRep:
    a link mate?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9003204/Trail/searchtext>50KG.htm

The bigger plates on the bar are the 5kg, would the 10kg be any thicker?

i need them to attach to my leg extension and lat pulldown, and so on

ReputationRep:
    Id say not no, but why dont you ring up argos and ask for dimensions?

ReputationRep:
    Never, ever, buy weights from Argos. Unless you don't really want to make progress?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arteta)
    Never, ever, buy weights from Argos. Unless you don't really want to make progress?
    What a load of ********. I've made progress on a simple 35kg weight. Just because it isn't Gold Gym doesn't mean your biceps and triceps go no thanks I wont grow :rolleyes: There weights. Not a fashion accessory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by General Ourumov)
    What a load of ********. I've made progress on a simple 35kg weight. Just because it isn't Gold Gym doesn't mean your biceps and triceps go no thanks I wont grow :rolleyes: There weights. Not a fashion accessory
    Because biceps are THE mark of progress! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, more expensive weights make better muscles yeah?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by General Ourumov)
    Well then you've made progress on parts of your body that require a low weight.

It has nothing to do with being a fashion accessory, if the weights were a few times bigger i'd be giving different advice.

As SM'ed pointed out, it's most likely biceps you're talking about, if so then fine. But you can't just do biceps.

(Original post by -WhySoSerious?)
    Sorry, more expensive weights make better muscles yeah?
    Nope, bigger weights make 'better' muscles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Because biceps are THE mark of progress! :awesome:
    It was an example. Tool

ReputationRep:
    Nope, bigger weights make 'better' muscles.
    You have to start from somewhere and if Argos weights are in your price range it doesn't matter. How you use them is only important.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.