Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i am thinking about moving into the student village just wanted to see if any freshers are moving in there this year

any reviews from ppl who stayed there are welcome

ReputationRep:
    a lot of first years who live too close to the uni to get into uni accomodation go to msv.

i haven't actually lived there but often visited someone who did. it's alright, the rooms are decent and okay priced (for student accomodation).

however, the walls are paper thin, it's almost like you're actually in the room next to you. the kitchens have no windows and the fridge is far too small to accommodate the number of people living in the flats. haha, i could go on. it also seems to attract a lot of weirdos, for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    thanks which private halls woul you recomend besides Piccadilly point because thats all booked up

ReputationRep:
    i wana go there as 1st year, cus i missed halls

ReputationRep:
    I'm staying there this year and it's my first year. Looked into halls quite a bit and price was my main concern. Noise doesnt bother me that much.

ReputationRep:
    I will be staying there and a first year student

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikoBellic)
    I'm staying there this year and it's my first year. Looked into halls quite a bit and price was my main concern. Noise doesnt bother me that much.
    Same! with the loan and max grant it's all I could afford if Im being realistic. tbh, right in the middle of town is the best thing about it as I love going out in town and no taxi back = win!

ReputationRep:
    i got in wilmslow but im going to apply for msv instead its way cheaper, cant be bothered with 100£ a week rent!

ReputationRep:
    Ive just applied for the Student village and pure scared to meet people as it's such a surreal experience... it looked ok when i went down there yesterday and that... so anyone actually been accepted there yet??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thedrrex)
    i am thinking about moving into the student village just wanted to see if any freshers are moving in there this year

any reviews from ppl who stayed there are welcome
    Lots of freshers who are in the exclusion zone for halls go to the student village!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 22, 2009
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.