Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What do I need to do now if I want to get into Oxbridge?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    Totally off topic...but did you know, that they are making a film out of you! :woo:

Starring Ben Barnes.................sigh..... ......

:yes:
    I've just saw the trailer, they seem to be keeping from the undertones of the book to meet a mainstream audience. I hope it's not as bad as the trailers would have you believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fumblewomble)
    I think we've misunderstood each other. I was never suggesting that being predicted AAA would not be enough (if your UMS suggests that you are capable of A*AA). What I dispute is that the actual offer made would be less than A*AA - this is the standard offer no matter what students are predicted.
    Oh alright I see your point now, no more quoting and sourcing

ReputationRep:
    OP, my advice would be first off to stop worrying about your GCSE grades - they're done and dusted and there's nothing you can do to change them now regardless of what they turn out to be! - and focus instead on giving yourself a headstart in 6th form. Start reading up on your A level subjects, get hold of a syllabus or text book, keep your thinking skills up to scratch so that you can hit the ground running in September. Also, try and start looking round for work experience and related activities to put on your PS, and if you're really eager, have a look at the med tests (BMAT and UKAT, I think they're called?)

Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.