Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!

I am just wrting to see if anyone can help me
    I am going to be studying at Poitiers University in France this September until next January and have a few questions and queries ^_^!
    So here we go!
    - Does anyone know if Poitiers CROUS accommodation will provide bedding and cooking equiptment? (I'm going to be in Michel Faucoult) and if not are there any cheap or reasonable priced places that I can get these things?
    - How will the rent be paid? Do I need to get a French bank account whilst I am there?
    - What is the best mobile network to go with?

I think that is all for now but any more information you can give will be really useful
    Thanks in advance,
    Natalie
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Best mobile network would be either Orange or SFR

I'm pretty sure you'd need to get a French back account, but surely you'd be better off with a student one if you're only there for a few months.

I'm guessing you're studying either medicine or dentistry right?

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm back from the year!
    I study French and Italian actually
    It ended up that keeping my O2 mobile was cheaper! I only really needed to text home and used Skype for calls!
    My bank account was with BNP Paribas, which is a great choice if anyone ends up in Poitiers because the staff are polite, friendly and helpful! They are used to foreign students so no worries there

ReputationRep:
    Hi - I wonder if you can help. My daughter, Orla, is planning to spend a year in Poitiers, starting in Sept. She is in the US at the moment living it up and I am trying to find her a place to live. She was offered student accomodation near the University campus, which she tells me is a 10 min bus ride from town. She has been advised by other ex-Erasmus students to stay in town. She would like to share, but I have no idea how to find anywhere suitable. The co-ordinators from the University are on hols until the 20th Aug and we plan to go over the following week so it would be a great help if we could follow up on any leads now.
    Thanks in advance, Cormac

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naataalie26)
    Well I'm back from the year!
    I study French and Italian actually
    It ended up that keeping my O2 mobile was cheaper! I only really needed to text home and used Skype for calls!
    My bank account was with BNP Paribas, which is a great choice if anyone ends up in Poitiers because the staff are polite, friendly and helpful! They are used to foreign students so no worries there
    Hi dear Natalie and thanks for the posts and topic
    I'm looking for a master in English or French literature esp in France.what about living costs in a month in Politiers?I read that You were reading Italian there..what about the university academic rank & its employability position for job seekers or throughout the Europe?What french level could be suitable for master in French or English literature?

Lots of "and"s !
    Thanks a lot :-)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.