Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Due to a pang of nostalgia, and bordeom, I decided to dig out Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (PS2). However, it didn't start automatically when I put it in, I rebooted it a couple of times and dusted it but it still wouldn't load. I hadn't used the PS2 for a while so I loaded another game to check it was still working. It worked fine, and then after another couple of times Disgaea loaded and played fine for a couple of hours.

Thing is, now I want to play it again and it just won't load. Eventually a message came up saying Disk Read Error. Is there anything I can do or is it a lost cause? I was just wondering why it would play fine once, then not again

ReputationRep:
    Is it scratched?

ReputationRep:
    A few little ones, but I've had games play that were much worse...

ReputationRep:
    This happens, it can happen with particular discs (blue bottomed, PS1 games, DVDs). Does it make a racket when you put the disc in?

Here's how to fix it. I haven't tried it myself yet though: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/guides...pair-guide.ars

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    This happens, it can happen with particular discs (blue bottomed, PS1 games, DVDs). Does it make a racket when you put the disc in?

Here's how to fix it. I haven't tried it myself yet though: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/guides...pair-guide.ars
    Ah, it is blue bottomed yeah, and it does make a funny noise. I didn't realise that made it more likely to not be able to be read - that article does say blue disks often screw up for no reason. Hmm, as I do have quite a bit of spare time I may try that tomorrow, thanks

ReputationRep:
    lol you still paly ps2, dude thats an antique

ReputationRep:
    i remember when that happened to my ps2 games. Supposely if u clean it with toothpaste it works >.> dont ask me how

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tsukuyomi)
    lol you still paly ps2, dude thats an antique
    And you, sir, are simple.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.