Turn on thread page Beta

Girls, have you ever dated someone dumber than you? watch

ReputationRep:
    Describe your experience in depth. How dumb was he?
    Curious again!

ReputationRep:
    I did. it was a waste of time! I like my guy to be equally inteligent or even better! I like guys who are good in maths and physics.

Well i was at school doing advanced higher sciences in 6th year, he left school after 4th year. He was at college doing electrical engenering, his ambition was to become an electricial...I went out wiht him cus i was attracted to him and he was funny. I dump him cus he moaned to his friends that i took ages to text him back, and texted a lot asking stupid questions like "wot ya up ta?" every hour when i was revising for the exams!

My current bf is from the same course, hence equal level of inteligence i supose?

Edit: who ever negged me for this post. I said equal inteligence because both my current bf and I are doing Pharmacy course- sure we have to have certain standard of inteligence to be in this course?! And my ex's one of those NEDS on the street, drinking at the beach (sometimes) talking in sentences that most people dont understand...also he hated school while i felt the opposite! That's why, to me, he is dumb, compared to my current bf!! Stop negging people if you dont know much about the situation!

ReputationRep:
    I like my guys equally intelligent, no more no less.

ReputationRep:
    Lol yes. He was a really nice guy but it could be quite boring and frustrating sometimes..

ReputationRep:
    depends what you mean by dumber? my current boyfriend has lower GSCE and Alevel results compared to me. But in terms of common sense, he far outweighs me! lol!

ReputationRep:
    Yes. He was boring, didn't understand half of the things I tried to talk to him about, got fed up because I was trying to do school work instead of spending time with him, and his mother thought the sun shone out of his arse.

ReputationRep:
    no, im pretty dumb though so that would be hard.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have and he was unbelievably dumb!

It was ages ago and I can't remember that much but I remember he could not spell to save his life ' Sowi Baibi I luv Iw'... and a lot more.
    He was in college but I dont think he was getting anywhere with it.

(Original post by BabyGirl92)

It was ages ago and I can't remember that much but I remember he could not spell to save his life ' Sowi Baibi I luv Iw'... and a lot more.
    was he a chav?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BabyGirl92)

Yeap, he wrote just like that. Either he was trying too hard to seem like a pro at texting or he couldn't spell. He just lacked the skills to better himself and instead chose to know everything about football instead of english, maths, having social skills...all I can say is I wasn't aware till a few weeks into the r'ship.

ReputationRep:
    we've all dated someone stupid than us...we've dated men...duh! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend thought Ethiopia was a disease.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oh_adele)
    Seriously? Oh wow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsuperhunni)
    Seriously? Oh wow
    Yes. I was crying with laughter. You kinda had to be there. :p: He's quite smart though, gets really good grades and plays 4 instruments, so I dunno where the hell that little gem came from.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I have. And it wasn't a bad experience - he just struggled to grasp concepts, etc, but he was a lovely person.

Yes. I was crying with laughter. You kinda had to be there. :p: He's quite smart though, gets really good grades and plays 4 instruments, so I dunno where the hell that little gem came from.
    :rofl: Maybe he just lacks general knowledge?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I hated it, I didn't want to show him up though so I felt I had to act dumber than normal. Thing is, I'm not particularly intelligent but whereas I was average/top set, he was bottom sets.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it was very tiresome and tedious! :rolleyes:

I must have been on crack that year because what possessed me to go out with him, I will never know! The boy did not know ANYTHING! Or how to spell, grr! But I'm no bitter, jealous ex.

:p:

ReputationRep:
    It isn't :eek: ...Lol

ReputationRep:
    Not boy related. But I've dated a girl who was quite dense, still a lovely person.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.