Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Afew week back me and my girlfriend broke up. And i have never got over her and i still love her as much as I did when i first met her.
    The thing is shes now talking to other boys via msn etc arranging to meet them. And saying she "loves them" etc And doing other various stuff that i wont go into on here.

I've told her how i feel and i am seriously getting crushed here. It's killing me slowly. I have turned to Alcohol on a night cos i like the feeling of not been hurt. I'm worried about that.
    I just dont know what to do.....

ReputationRep:
    you're not the only one it's happened to love. sorry. time will heal hopefully. try to get over her and move on. :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    it happens to everyone love. sorry.
    nah! my mum never dated anyone except for my dad and they didn't split up!

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:
    You will get over her eventually, first few weeks are always most painful..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    nah! my mum never dated anyone except for my dad and they didn't split up!

:o:

maybe i should edit

ReputationRep:
    Giving your liver a kicking is not the best way to get over someone. Look for other girls. Just keep thinking that you WILL get over her...

eventually.

(Original post by JemSevenV)
    Giving your liver a kicking is not the best way to get over someone. Look for other girls. Just keep thinking that you WILL get over her...

eventually.
    I dont want to though, thats whats bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I dont want to though, thats whats bad.
    well you could stay sad and mope around after her whilst she's moved on - what good will that do you? you may as well try and get over her.

ReputationRep:
    I know what it's like to not want to get over someone you've lost but it will happen eventually. People break up because they're not right for each other and you won't be able to see it yet but one day you'll find someone who is more right for you and you'll see that this break up was for the best. Why did you two break up anyway?

ReputationRep:
    i don't know if it's an option but try cutting her out of your life? remove her from msn/facebook etc, that way you won't be able to indirectly see what she's getting upto.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    i don't know if it's an option but try cutting her out of your life? remove her from msn/facebook etc, that way you won't be able to indirectly see what she's getting upto.
    or who

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=bubble11]I know what it's like to not want to get over someone you've lost but it will happen eventually. People break up because they're not right for each other and you won't be able to see it yet but one day you'll find someone who is more right for you and you'll see that this break up was for the best.QUOTE]

This. I know it's a cliche but it really is one of the few things people can count on, the fact that you will ALWAYS get over a heartbreak eventually. All it takes is time. I agree, try to cut her out of your life completely and meet new people, you will find someone ten times better and wonder what you ever saw in her, trust me
    In the meantime, I'd say that keeping busy is the key. Maybe not just with mindless things, but try to find something you're really passionate about, give yourself a new focus in life, so to speak. From my experience this helps a lot

ReputationRep:
    Just think: if she 'cared' about you that much to go swanning off talking to other boys after the breakup, she isn't worth your upset- nor will she care that you're upset- she will just lavish in it.

My advice- hold your head up high, go get a bit drunk like boys do, and get with a girl.

TOP TIP
    Do something to focus your mind on, start a new sport or activity so you're not dwelling in the loss of your harlot girlfriend. Avert your mind onto a bright, new oppertunity- set yourself some goals that will fill your head.

Hope I helped

Take care

ReputationRep:
    Mate, I've seen so many people turn to alcohol and mess their own lives up because of love stuff, it's actually ridiculous. You've just gotta realise that in time its an emotion you can rise above. You'll never be fully in control of it but you can at least try and ignore it, even if that seems impossible at the time you have to do other things, find other activities and ways and people to fulfill yourself, cut her off. It hurts like a biatch but its like ripping a plaster off, you just gotta do it or you get left with a scummy grey mark around the edges.

ReputationRep:
    From my experience, alcohol only exarcebates your feelings. So if you're upset and you drink, you're just going to be upset and drunk. Just try and take your mind off it in productive ways - read, watch films, go out with friends etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ourlastmemory)
    Mate, I've seen so many people turn to alcohol and mess their own lives up because of love stuff, it's actually ridiculous. You've just gotta realise that in time its an emotion you can rise above. You'll never be fully in control of it but you can at least try and ignore it, even if that seems impossible at the time you have to do other things, find other activities and ways and people to fulfill yourself, cut her off. It hurts like a biatch but its like ripping a plaster off, you just gotta do it or you get left with a scummy grey mark around the edges.
    Very well said.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 6, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.