ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bagration)
    Yes.

But Eurasian is even better :coma:
    Armenia etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AP123)
    Armenia etc?
    By Eurasian I mean any mix of Caucasian ethnicity, and anything East of the Tigris (and west of Guam).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemon_bite)
    indian = possibly. It depends on the person

Pakistani = No, because all of the Pakistani guys I've seen take drugs and are dealers themselves, they use what looks like 5 bottles of gel on their hair and waddle around in tight jeans with no ambition in life. I apologise for generalising to this extent, but if I do happen to meet a Pakistani guy who does not do any of the above, I will be more than happy to take back what I said.
    LOL... I've never met one like that...

(Original post by Sparkzz)
    I'M PAKISTANI :]
    all dem shawties hit me up
    ^ are you taking the piss out of the "gangster" remarks regarding your ethnicity... Or are you just being yourself there? lol

I couldn't care less about anyones race if I just happened to love their personality... I'm mixed race and I know some indian/pakistani parents would have a problem with that even though my white mum is the strictest hindu person I've ever known... I look white and therefore I wont understand their culture.

I don't even mind the sneaking around thing... i imagine it would make the whole thing more exciting :o:

But anyway... If I had some major weaknesses it would be for dark hair, green/blue eyes... tall... athletic but not really muscular because that sort of thing repulses me ...and a quirky sense of humour and an unyielding love for deathcabforcutie ... <3.... Race has nothing to do with it.... I can see that some other people may have weaknesses for white people...

but tbh if someones good looking and if you love their personality their skin colour's a bit of a stupid reason to reject them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indievertigo)
    I love how people post on these threads with the usual "ffs why the hell should race matter" "this thread comes up all the time". The first is to assert their political correctness upon the rest of us, the latter to show us how experienced they are in the world of internet forums, and in particular this sort of thread.
    how is 'ffs, why should race matter' imposing PC upon anyone?
    sure maybe culture or language matters slightly.
    but saying that you reject someone based purely on their colour is just retarded, you are basically **** blocking yourself from millions of potential babes.

and the 2nd statement is a bit of a fact really. its a very casual observation

also, here is another interesting fact. All the responses are the same for these thread.

A proportion says they would, some say no, some say mebs, some say they have a fetish. end of story.

another interesting fact: these threads are not a representation of the society at large (not that it matters if it does represent, but hypothetically if it does represent, then the stats would only matter if you hit on every single girl in a club or in a super market, and try to boink them, sure then maybe your race would impede or advance your progress) The only people who posts on these forums are strongly for or against dating said particular race. Most are probs in the middle (just on a whim, since no one bothers to do a proper survey)

ReputationRep:
    These threads are so annoying. You asians are the ones who want to stay with your own, the rest of us generally more liberal white people don't really care where you're from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davezk)
    These threads are so annoying. You asians are the ones who want to stay with your own, the rest of us generally more liberal white people don't really care where you're from.
    too right.

i be only hangin in the china town 'hoods. avoidin dem whiteys, ain't settin foot in yo white lands. i stay away from dem white hoes, who knows wat they have, they re like a walking STD factory. my friday evenings involve bangin some nice slanty eyed biatch against the counter of the local take away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 为人民服务)
    too right.

i be only hangin in the china town 'hoods. avoidin dem whiteys, ain't settin foot in yo white lands. i stay away from dem white hoes, who knows wat they have, they re like a walking STD factory. my friday evenings involve bangin some nice slanty eyed biatch against the counter of the local take away
    Made me LMAO

ReputationRep:
    Im not attracted to south asian men. Some pakistani guys can be good looking but all in all, not for me.

ReputationRep:
    yes i would...they are hott !!

ReputationRep:
    I definetely would as I find some asians so damn sexy. However, I have to admit that asian girls tend to much better looking then the guys.
    I have quite a few asian friends and I know for a fact that none of them would ever go out with a white/black girl/guy. I don't know - it's probably a cultural thing - they probably find us whites ugly lol.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not, they just don't do it for me. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~emy~)
    I definetely would as I find some asians so damn sexy. However, I have to admit that asian girls tend to much better looking then the guys.
    I have quite a few asian friends and I know for a fact that none of them would ever go out with a white/black girl/guy. I don't know - it's probably a cultural thing - they probably find us whites ugly lol.
    Nah, its probably because there parents would beat them if they did. :p:

And its also a culture thing because the wife becomes a part of the family. One of my mates said he'd only marry someone who lived in the same original village as he did back in India. And another one, who lives in England, says he's barely spoken to a white guy in his life. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    ^As i'm sure he was following a tradition. I personally couldn't care less where there person was from. Some sorry phonies do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~emy~)
    It probably comes from a lack of mainstream asian stars in the spotlight, so people often subconsciously fall back on cliches of the asian "look". Asian women are more often seen then they are used to, the men not so much.

Atta Yaqub from "Ae fond kiss" is so incredibly sexy, so the answer is yes I would!

http://www.monstersandcritics.de/dow...1185571494.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adriana Ambrosio)
    It probably comes from a lack of mainstream asian stars in the spotlight, so people often subconsciously fall back on cliches of the asian "look". Asian women are more often seen then they are used to, the men not so much.

Atta Yaqub from "Ae fond kiss" is so incredibly sexy, so the answer is yes I would!

http://www.monstersandcritics.de/dow...1185571494.jpg
    Let me guess, you're 19 or under and have not evolved in to being attracted to men, as opposed to pretty little gimps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Myiesha_90)
    LOL... I've never met one like that...

^ are you taking the piss out of the "gangster" remarks regarding your ethnicity... Or are you just being yourself there? lol

I couldn't care less about anyones race if I just happened to love their personality... I'm mixed race and I know some indian/pakistani parents would have a problem with that even though my white mum is the strictest hindu person I've ever known... I look white and therefore I wont understand their culture.

I don't even mind the sneaking around thing... i imagine it would make the whole thing more exciting :o:

But anyway... If I had some major weaknesses it would be for dark hair, green/blue eyes... tall... athletic but not really muscular because that sort of thing repulses me ...and a quirky sense of humour and an unyielding love for deathcabforcutie ... <3.... Race has nothing to do with it.... I can see that some other people may have weaknesses for white people...

but tbh if someones good looking and if you love their personality their skin colour's a bit of a stupid reason to reject them...
    lmao its how i talk ;]
    but i aint a g in anyway whatsoever :]

Indifferent, really.

I don't find the general look all that attractive, but it's overwhelmingly down to the person.

Meeting the family would set my teeth on edge, mind. I'm from a Sri Lankan background myself- that side of my family drives me insane. So smothering. =\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Local_United_Fan)
    Let me guess, you're 19 or under and have not evolved in to being attracted to men, as opposed to pretty little gimps?
    Let me guess, you still think Manchester is the social hub of the universe, and and strongly feel seat belts are for "the gays", and only women wear helmets when riding motorbikes?

ReputationRep:
    Yes..No...Maybe for a Pakistani but a firm Yes for a Indian!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adriana Ambrosio)
    Let me guess, you still think Manchester is the social hub of the universe, and and strongly feel seat belts are for "the gays", and only women wear helmets when riding motorbikes?
    No...I know it is, along with the most important city in the world for sport, and music. Mad?

But no, I would wear a seatbelt if I had a car, and motorbikes are for tossers.

Still - strong prepubescent taste in 'men'.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 25, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.