Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I did not apply through UCAS earlier this year, but after my results today I am considering leaving at the end of 5th year (now) and take clearing. Would I be eligible for Clearing 2009?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yep!

ReputationRep:
    I was considering this too. But Im too scared to jump straight into it I think another year, as planned, with a nice paying job to make some money would be the best option.

Can someone back me up so I don;t feel so guilty? :p: I might apply for the hell of it, just to see if i'd actually get through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    I might apply for the hell of it, just to see if i'd actually get through.
    This would be strongly inadvisable. The application process for clearing is much more immediate. If you are made an offer, you have instantly taken a place that someone else could have taken. Feel free to do it (although, as I said, if you're worried about being immature, it's not necessarily a good idea - but only you really know how you feel) but don't do it on a whim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheUnbeliever)
    This would be strongly inadvisable. The application process for clearing is much more immediate. If you are made an offer, you have instantly taken a place that someone else could have taken. Feel free to do it (although, as I said, if you're worried about being immature, it's not necessarily a good idea - but only you really know how you feel) but don't do it on a whim.
    Oh gosh. Forget that, I'd feel so guilty because I can't see myself accepting the offer.
    I'll wait until next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xo-Heva)
    Oh gosh.
    Sorry, I just realized that read rather more harshly than was intended!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.